Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
Oxidized gelcoat voodoo? >

Oxidized gelcoat voodoo?

Notices

Oxidized gelcoat voodoo?

Old 06-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is not penetrol, mop and glo, nufinish, or any of those junk products either! Lol
Old 06-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Please keep us posted of the long term results. Find an older red boat for your best example.

I am interested if it proves to work. I do gelcote repairs and buffing on the side for a dealer and other word of mouth customers.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VCMike
It is not penetrol, mop and glo, nufinish, or any of those junk products either! Lol
What kind of DA are you using? and what kind of pad? I get sick of slinging compound with my makita wheel and am looking for a electric DA.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Registered

It depends where I'll be working. We have a number of them. Specialty smaller and high end polishers, Porter Cables, Flex 3401s, Meguiars and even some Harbor Freight ones. Today I'm using my Harbors because I'm working on a boat in the water and if they slide off and fall in the water it's no big deal! I have a huge selection of pads because a lot of our work is on the road and you never know what you'll run into. My favorites are the Meguiars microfiber cutting pads and the Lake Country purple foamed wools. Both cut extremely well and leave a great finish.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If i invented something that could do what this stuff is said to do i would be prepared for a tough sell especially here , but i would not stop till winning over the world .
Its like a stick of gum that instantly cures a hangover .
Old 06-04-2015, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

So, what is it?
Old 06-04-2015, 10:35 AM
Registered

Will this product work on a red aluminum car hauler type trailer? If so, I would like to try some.

PM some contact info.

Jeff
Old 07-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Registered

The best polisher for gel is of the pneumatic kind no brand specific it just needs to have some killer rpm and just losing all the weight from an electric buffer is more than enough reason to go out and get one. Trust me u will be thanking me if u make the change !!
Old 07-05-2015, 10:58 AM
Registered

Applying acid to chalked gel will remove most of it and it will not harm the gelcoat. If you think you are going to try and make me believe that you just got rid of chalk and applied one easy step to obtain that gloss you are sadly mistaken. If that is the case you have spent good time polishing and I mean hours not minutes. If u buff on gel long enough without burning it yes it will eventually polish very nicely.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:39 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

S'cuse my skepticism Vc and am sure you can understand it given this biz . . . . . buuuuut i gotta see this first hand . . . . . . . . when can i get samples?? actual product?? . . . any info other then pics of results (again sorry for my skepticism but . . . well you under stand. I'm sure you been there done that as well )
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.