Notices

repair help

Old 03-12-2016, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default repair help

hello, have to repaire this stress crack which i have access to under the dash. looks like it really needs reinforcing badly as it is cracked all the way through..there currently a structural piece of wood (8" x 1/2") kicker going to the floor.. obviously not working..so im not sure making a repair underneath will be good enough to hold it from not cracking..
need your expert advice how to approach this repair.. thank you! 1996 236 eagle dash
Old 03-13-2016, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

A broader picture might help the experts tell you more? A couple thoughts from me: 1. that gel is super/way to thick in that area, not that its the cause, but it isnt helping. 2. you said there is a kicker going to the floor for support. What is the kicker sitting on and is it sound? Eagles, as I recall, in some cases, had wood floors with carpet glued directly to uncoated wood. That caused some issues.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarabman
A broader picture might help the experts tell you more? A couple thoughts from me: 1. that gel is super/way to thick in that area, not that its the cause, but it isnt helping. 2. you said there is a kicker going to the floor for support. What is the kicker sitting on and is it sound? Eagles, as I recall, in some cases, had wood floors with carpet glued directly to uncoated wood. That caused some issues.
Thank you. I will post a new pic zoomed out
Old 03-13-2016, 09:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarabman

hope this helps
Old 03-13-2016, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I'm thinking that piece that goes to the floor is stiffer than the dash. Reinforce that corner and do the repair in epoxy and several layers of light (6oz) cloth and you should be ok.