Transom Replacment with Inner Liner? 87 IMP/Magnum >

Transom Replacment with Inner Liner? 87 IMP/Magnum

Notices

Transom Replacment with Inner Liner? 87 IMP/Magnum

Old 09-19-2016, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Transom Replacment with Inner Liner? 87 IMP/Magnum

My dad and I have identical boats and well unfortunately his has a rotting transom and we both have Liners. My question is would it be ideal to basically remove the entire top of the boat to remove the liner to try and save it or would it just be easier and still considered the right way if we just cut the back section of the liner out? Or would it just be easier to remove the liner all together and save some weight? And put in traditional Stringers? Ill post pics later today?
Old 09-30-2016, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS
My dad and I have identical boats and well unfortunately his has a rotting transom and we both have Liners. My question is would it be ideal to basically remove the entire top of the boat to remove the liner to try and save it or would it just be easier and still considered the right way if we just cut the back section of the liner out? Or would it just be easier to remove the liner all together and save some weight? And put in traditional Stringers? Ill post pics later today?
Dave,
Remove the liner and just do a normal stringer set up at least you'll be able to see what's going on underneath it unlike before where the rot was hidden, plus you'll get the weight savings and you can do any set up that's needed or wanted for the application like go with an offshore style mount rather then the pedestal mount but its all in how deep you want to go / how much time and effort you will end up putting in.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobbyyeah93
Dave,
Remove the liner and just do a normal stringer set up at least you'll be able to see what's going on underneath it unlike before where the rot was hidden, plus you'll get the weight savings and you can do any set up that's needed or wanted for the application like go with an offshore style mount rather then the pedestal mount but its all in how deep you want to go / how much time and effort you will end up putting in.
Hey Bob!
You know my pops and I are married to these IMPS's for some reason. Dad is even looking at cutting the entire floor out and lowering it. But he found rot in the transom. Even though I have an inner liner I do have an offshore style mount but his doesn't. So we may duplicate my setup. Cutting that inner line out is going to take some serious detail if he wants to reuse it I know I can say that much. 8I scrapped one of these boats before and wow were they built.