Notices
Formula

2 Interior Questions 303SR1

Old 01-08-2002, 07:55 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink 2 Interior Questions 303SR1

1) Anybody know how to remove the cabin speakers in a 1993 303SR1? They look like 4 by 10's, but I can't figure out how to remove the covering?
2) Has anyon installed a plotter or GPS in a 303SR1 and can you mount the GPS pickup on the semi-curved dash in front of the passenger?

Any Info would help! Thanks in advance.
Dave
Old 01-08-2002, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave,

My 303 has a gps mounted in front of the passenger just forward of the glove box. The antenna is mounted on the port side between the bow rail and the windshield (on the flat part of the deck). The previous owner must have done this. I'm not crazy about the placement of the gps, but there really is no other place to mount it.

On a different subject, are you going to the NY boat show? We're going this sat. afternoon. Let me know.

Good luck with your gps. Glad to help.

Dave W. (toolman)
Old 01-09-2002, 12:41 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Toolman I will be heading down with a group from Mass and Maine and CT. We will be picking up people all along the way. We will post up as soon as we know when we will be getting in.

Jon
Old 01-09-2002, 08:08 AM
Registered

axapowell - I have the GPS antenna on my F-402 mounted on the passenger side dash, just ahead of the instrument pod. It works fine and always has a good collection of satelites.

You can see it in the photos on my boat page at

-GregF-402 Web Page
Old 01-09-2002, 10:52 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Toolman: I think I'm going to mount the plotter on the small dash in front of the steering wheel so I can see it while I drive. The GPS antenna (round 4" mushroom) I'd like to mount on top of the dash in front of the passenger, but there seems to be a curvature of the dash there. Don't want to cut a hole to find out it doesn't lay flat! Do you have a pix of your antenna mounted? Not sure if we can make it to the NY show yet. I have a client coming in from out of town on Sat. Maybe Sunday though!
Old 01-09-2002, 10:55 AM
Where To
VIP Member

GregP: Thanks for the pix and response. My configuration on the passenger side is much different though. Is your antenna mounted on a pole?
Old 01-11-2002, 10:50 AM
Registered

The antenna is mounted direct to the manufacturer base plate. It is "designed" to use a pole but my pole length is 0.0000" . The antenna mount kit included a "cone" that adapts the actual round/flat antenna to a pole type mount.

-Greg
Old 01-11-2002, 07:05 PM
Registered

I was working on a boat today that had a Garmin 225 map mounted on a curved dash. He took pvc pipe and cut it in two different lengths mounted the gps bracket to the top of the pvc and then mounted it to the dash.

It looked really good and most people would never know it was pvc, I may do something similar on my 336 but maybe with anodized aluminumn.
Old 01-13-2002, 10:08 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

My 95 303 has a factory installed Simrad gps in the dash in front of steering wheel with the antenna on the port gunnel. Oh if you lower the switch pannel in the closet you will the keys to remove the radio and if your trim tabs won't go negative I can tell you how in fix that too.
Old 01-13-2002, 01:17 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Secret,
Do you have the same mushroom antenna as I do? If so, can you get a picture of how it is mounted? Thanks in advance!
Dave

Quick Reply: 2 Interior Questions 303SR1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.