Speaker upgrade

Notices
Formula

Speaker upgrade

Old 02-07-2002, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Speaker upgrade

I want to upgrade the stock 6x9 speakers and add additional set in the rear set base. Any suggestions. I like the marine Infinity Kappa's but I cannot locate a source.
Thanks,Mark
Old 02-08-2002, 12:41 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Yup I love the Babbs. They sound great and are durrable!! They are the best sounding Marine speaker that I have found. All the others have metal on them and that can be bad. Clarion now makes a all plastic speaker that is alse real nice. I often find myself mixing Clarion and Babbs for systems and it works very well. As far as subs the Clarion 10" subs are very good.

Jon
Old 02-08-2002, 12:44 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

I am still waiting to see if the Kenwood speakers will allow the installation of the babb speakers in their place with out any glass work. I am sapposed to hit Cali some time in the future to check out some boat systems there and I will let you know what I find.

Jon
Old 02-08-2002, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audiofn:

I am planning to add subs to my 272. I have a Sony headunit w/ 2 channel preamp out, a sony 80x2 @.04%thd amp and 2 cerwin vega 2 ways right now. Works ok but i need BASS!! I have an active crossover to use when i get the subsand an sub amp, but wonder what I could get in "boxes" or "tubes" so that I don't have to cut holes in Rambunctious. how would small truck boxes work in the gunwhales? or mounting subs down in the rear seat compartment. realy don't want two 10" or 12" holes in the kick panel under the back seat.

any stereo advice would be appreciated.
Old 02-08-2002, 08:18 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

I do not sell them but I know that they are out there. I think that Forrest can get them. The SAS Bass Tubes come in a marine version. They are good for a lot of bass out of a small space. You can also get a wire harness for your car and the boat and just swap it from boat to car if you want to.

Jon
Old 02-08-2002, 09:15 AM
FWK

The Bazooka marine tubes come powered or without power. You will get more kick out of a passive sub with a outboard amp than the on board amp. In my opinion. But you will also spend more money. The tube will never sound as good as a good pair of 10 inch subs. The infinity's are nice but the Babbs are the speaker to buy hands down. The only downfall to the Babbs in replacement situations is if the original installation was botched the babbs may not cover the mistakes. Forrest

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: FWK ]

Old 02-08-2002, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the pricing on the babbs and where can I purchase them.I'm planning on using the existing amps one amp per set of 6x9's and go to line level for the cabin speakers.
Any problems?
Thanks, Mark
Old 02-10-2002, 06:34 AM
FWK

Mark, Audiofn and I both sell them. You will save money buying from either one of us over buying direct from Babb. You can go to Baab's web site www.babbspeakers.com
Forrest

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: FWK ]

Old 02-10-2002, 11:17 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

If you run one of those amps per speaker you will be ROCKING!!!! I only have 12 watts going to mine, upgrading this year to 60 and even at 12 watts they are respectable. At 80 they will play very loud. Forrest and I can both get you those speakers no problem. Just let us know what you want to do. I know that our prices seem to be about the same Forest had some insiders call me and find out what I was charging and he coppied me Kidding
Old 02-11-2002, 07:40 AM
FWK

The secret shopper....... It was funny that we were charging the same price. Audio I'll have to buy you a few drinks at LOTO. The Babbs are the only 6x9 that I could not blow up with a 125 watt per channel amp and I tried. Forrest

Quick Reply: Speaker upgrade

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.