Notices
Formula

Opinions wanted on value of my 311/VERY IMPORTANT

Old 10-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Opinions wanted on value of my 311/VERY IMPORTANT

35K would be tops,30K more realistic. You've got what I assume is a salt water boat with very high hours.From a dealer standpoint,I would hate to be in it for more than 25-27K. Robert
Old 10-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Registered

Thank you guys for your opinions. It has reaffirmed what I truely believed, that I was being fair, if not generous.

Of course my wife thinks that I have all you guys "slanted" into backing me but that's not what I asked. I wanted straight forward honest opinions and I believe that's what I got.

There's always the old "if the right buyer comes along" IF, but if I had to "firesale" it for a divorce, I realize I'd be lucky to get 35K.

Thanks again for your input. Russ

Robert, thanks for blowing my bubble about getting into a new 353 with 600's.....
Old 10-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Banned

I'd say the above values are about right. Maybe 35k if you want to sit on it to find the right buyer. If you had to sell it quick for a settlement, low 20's would be more likely. I think offering 15k is more than fair. Tell her there's no way we can slant the BUC values.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

15K is VERy generous ...
Old 10-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Registered

I offered her 15K for her half of the boat. She claims that she has seen ads for similar sized boats (no idea what type, maybe power cruisers????) going for 80K.
If she presumes the boat is worth 80k tell her you will take a 30k buy-out and she can sell the boat and keep the remaining 50k.
Seriously though, your offer is very fair. I wish you the best of luck in these hard times.

Last edited by Perfectmix; 10-03-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with Perfectmix, if she doesn't believe the "true value" of the boat have her buy you out and let her sell it.
I'm sure you'll have to have it appraised. That will be about the only way she'll believe it.
Good luck.

We didn't have that problem. The ex understood that I had the only vehicle capable of towing it in the family and that it was paid for with funds that I inherited. Not sure about other states, but Florida says that anything purchased with inherited funds belongs to the person who inherited the money. In return I gave her our PWC's and trailer.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You are being VERY generous. Boats are not bringing money right now and has been pointed out no bank will touch that so you have to find some one that will take out an equity loan or pay for the thing cash. Not many people will do that in this day and age. There is NO WAY I would give you that kind of money for your boat as there are TONS of great deals out there for the same money. Start talking 20-25 and you get my interest. If you had to sell that boat quickly then you would be selling it for the low 20's is my guess. If you wanted to sit on it for a LONG time then you may find some one that will poney up over 30. I have a buddy that sold his 353 with brand new 502efi's, interior, drives totally gone throu, thousands in recent upgrades for like 40K. She is WAY high as you can buy 35 Cigs for that kind of money. As for the parts that you put on the boat, unlike things you put in your house NEVER raise the value near what you spend. External steering may net you 1000.00 extra bucks..... I will have thousands into my 302 and know full well that I will only get maybe 20 when I sell it. Seems like the easiest thing to do is just split everything up the middle and take what you get and buy your boat back again....????
Old 10-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I will have thousands into my 302 and know full well that I will only get maybe 20 when I sell it.
That's probably about right, because by the time you get it done, 20 grand will be worth about twelve dollars!
Old 10-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
That's probably about right, because by the time you get it done, 20 grand will be worth about twelve dollars!

Ouch....that's definitely gonna leave a mark....
Old 10-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
You are being VERY generous. Boats are not bringing money right now and has been pointed out no bank will touch that so you have to find some one that will take out an equity loan or pay for the thing cash. Not many people will do that in this day and age. There is NO WAY I would give you that kind of money for your boat as there are TONS of great deals out there for the same money. Start talking 20-25 and you get my interest. If you had to sell that boat quickly then you would be selling it for the low 20's is my guess. If you wanted to sit on it for a LONG time then you may find some one that will poney up over 30. I have a buddy that sold his 353 with brand new 502efi's, interior, drives totally gone throu, thousands in recent upgrades for like 40K. She is WAY high as you can buy 35 Cigs for that kind of money. As for the parts that you put on the boat, unlike things you put in your house NEVER raise the value near what you spend. External steering may net you 1000.00 extra bucks..... I will have thousands into my 302 and know full well that I will only get maybe 20 when I sell it. Seems like the easiest thing to do is just split everything up the middle and take what you get and buy your boat back again....????

I got into the boat for a GREAT price. For what I have in it, I couldn't touch it. That's why I don't want to give it up until I can "move up".....

I believe she is starting to see things more realistic now, after this thread.

Thank you everyone for chiming in.....

Quick Reply: Opinions wanted on value of my 311/VERY IMPORTANT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.