Notices
Formula

water in v-berth

Old 12-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: water in v-berth

rlv1017

There is a pump just setting at the bottom of the well. It is not mounted in anyway and from your post I think the previous owner put it there. The routing of the hose never looked right to me and the pump appeared to be logical so I thought he re-did something. Better idea to fix the problem than deal with the symptom that's why i'm fixing the leaks.
This boat is dark blue now but badly faded so I plan to change all the cosmetics of the boat and match it to my sand beige GMC truck.
Currently have the 330hp 454cid out on the floor for some work...maybe replacement. Haven't decided on exactly what engine. Something bigger for sure.

Where do you put in?
Old 12-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we are in plainville ct. We cruise on the ct. river, and the long island sound. Do you cruise in lake Lanier(sp)?
Old 12-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, Lanier, Allatoona, Jackson, Tennissee river, Lake Hartwell in south carolina, Sinclair and Oconee.
We have not run a poker event yet so I hope to do that next year if I get the boat finished. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Registered

I had same problem with 272, it was the bow cleat leaking. Packed from bottom and silconed top then tightened. Seemed to have worked
Old 05-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Registered

I just pulled up my carpet this past weekend and had a lot of water in there as well. No pump though or no drain. In fact it doesnt seem like the well even connects to the small compartment under the step. Has anyone trying drilling a small hole to allow the water to drain into the bilge? Also does anyone know where I can get the new windsheild strip?? Thanks
Old 05-22-2006, 04:08 PM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 86formula242ls
I just pulled up my carpet this past weekend and had a lot of water in there as well. No pump though or no drain. In fact it doesnt seem like the well even connects to the small compartment under the step. Has anyone trying drilling a small hole to allow the water to drain into the bilge? Also does anyone know where I can get the new windsheild strip?? Thanks

YEAH MY DAD DID AND HE WENT THROUGH THE BOTTOM.....LOL
Old 05-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
Yeah, I found that out the hard way. I was working on the electrical in my 242. I had the hatch up, and couldn't put it down that night. It rained for the next seven days. I had a tarp over the engine, but couldn't put the full cover on the boat because the hatch was up.

I was leaving for work one morning, Deb walked out with me to the truck. When I was getting in, she said, "Look at this". The jack had punched through the asphalt! I got up in the boat, and the cabin had a lot of water in it. I had to go to work, so Debbie got in the cabin with a five gallon bucket, and bailed enough so we could jack the trailer up higher and get the rest to run out the back.

So ends the lesson.

You covered that well....