Notices
Formula

382 questions

Old 02-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts
Default 382 questions

Hi All-

So now that the boat is home it is time to start fixing the little problems and upgrading others. I have a few question for the formula experts!

1) I am looking to remove the silent thunder box. Are the four four bolts that hold on the box through the platform or are they held on with threaded inserts? Can the box be reomved with out having someone inside the boat?

2) The passenger seat and foot rest do not move. I have checked the breaker and it is working properly. I have also tested the switches and they are also functional so I am thinking that it is either a power supply problem or both motors are bad. With the seat down how would you remove the rear planel of the bolster to expose the motor? How does the fooot rest come apart to test the motor?

3) Last the remote (touch pad) for the Kenwood stereo does not work. Does this remote require batteries. Has any one else had this problem?

Thanks for all of your help
Don
Old 02-28-2006, 05:45 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Re: 382 questions

Don,
There are several threads on here about removing the silent thunder box....I just did mine 2-3 months ago. The 4 bolts and then it's wedged in there.
For the seat, lower the seat if you can and get behind the bolster, there are 6-8 screws to remove and then you can start pulling the bottom section down (it's pretty easy)
For the footrest, pull up the padded grey material that is glued down on the foot pad, behind it is a 4-5 inch round access hole with 3-4 screws. Once that round plate is removed you'll see the motor.
For the stereo.....don't have it, can't help you.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:28 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The remote does not require batteries. I know lots of people that have had issues with those remotes.

Jon
Old 02-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
Don,
There are several threads on here about removing the silent thunder box....I just did mine 2-3 months ago. The 4 bolts and then it's wedged in there.
For the seat, lower the seat if you can and get behind the bolster, there are 6-8 screws to remove and then you can start pulling the bottom section down (it's pretty easy)
For the footrest, pull up the padded grey material that is glued down on the foot pad, behind it is a 4-5 inch round access hole with 3-4 screws. Once that round plate is removed you'll see the motor.
For the stereo.....don't have it, can't help you.

Thanks! I will be working on this on Saturday.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
The remote does not require batteries. I know lots of people that have had issues with those remotes.

Jon

AudioFN, thanks for the info. Is there a replacement that works better or a way to fix the one I have?