Lost a Bravo 1 this weekend

Notices
Formula

Lost a Bravo 1 this weekend

Old 04-30-2006, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost a Bravo 1 this weekend

Cruised out to Lake Havasu for the Desert Storm Poker Run this weekend. Got there on Thursday night. Friday after the lunch run, I was heading back and lost the starboard outdrive. Just cruising along on smoot waterd doing about 60 mph and it suddenly felt like the engines had been throttled back. No foward drive, quite disturbing banging and knocking in reverse.

Can anyone recommend where to get my outdrives rebuilt in Phoenix or anywhere else?

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 05-01-2006, 05:17 AM
Registered

Default Re: Lost a Bravo 1 this weekend

If you're still in Havasu call Alco Marine. They fixed both of mine while I was out there visiting in March.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Registered

Maybe the coupler between the engine and outdrive popped? Are you sure the problem is in the drive?
Old 05-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Registered

Garret!

I was looking for you guys this weekend! I've got some squirel.nuts/bolts noice on my starboard drive this weekend too.....Excursion is at the dealer in Havasu too.

We arrive in style.....drive away Sunday in a Ford Focus. Great mileage though!
Old 05-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Garret!

I was looking for you guys this weekend! I've got some squirel.nuts/bolts noice on my starboard drive this weekend too.....Excursion is at the dealer in Havasu too.

We arrive in style.....drive away Sunday in a Ford Focus. Great mileage though!
Hey Nort,

I'm sorry to hear about your drive and Excursion. I wish my drive had waited to pop until Saturday. The good thing is that I was planning taking my parents to Catalina Island May 5th. Better to break at Lake Havasu than at Catalina Island.

Carlos popped his starboard drive on Thursday on his 382. I wonder if it is a conspiracy.

I saw you on Saturday! We were on the shore admiring the boats going by and we saw you sitting in your boat just south of the London Bridge. It looked like you were waiting for your group to come by to join up. I would have yelled to you, but your engines were running and I didn't think you would be able to hear me. My boat was already on the trailer from the day before. We watched all the boats from the first couple of groups go by, bought some breakfast and then headed back to Phoenix. Couldn't think of much reason to hang out in Havasu all day. We were back at my house Saturday before all the boats were done with the run. Extremely dissappointing end to my first poker run outing. .

There were some really cool boats there this weekend. Some of those boats were just unbelievable.

Garrett
Old 05-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chuck21401
Maybe the coupler between the engine and outdrive popped? Are you sure the problem is in the drive?
I'm pretty sure it is the drive. I don't think there is a drive coupler because the boat has stellings boxes on it. If a ujoint popped, I think it would have made a lot of noise even in neutral with the driveshaft banging around.

I'm going to let the dealer take it apart. I'm swamped and don't have time to learn how to do it right now anyway.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might want to talk to the guys at Max Machine in Havasu. I am having good luck so far with mine.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

I had once the rubber inside the prop starting to tear apart and the prop would barely turn even in gear... hope that's your problem...cheap to fix!
Old 05-02-2006, 07:03 AM
Registered

Been there, done that......
Old 05-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Registered

Did you get your corrosion bonding issue sorted out?

Quick Reply: Lost a Bravo 1 this weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.