Change the power?

Notices
Formula

Change the power?

Old 06-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Change the power?

I'm thinking of buying a 311 that's in pretty good shape overall but the 420s are tired. Rather than rebuild I'd like to replace with MPIs. My question is this; what are the challenges and consequences of removing the old 420s with TRSs and replacing with Mag MPIs and Bravos?

Is the TRS to Bravo exchange even worth considering?

Would there be fiberglass work in fitting Bravos to the TRS holes?

Motor mounts moveable?

I'm probably in way over my head, but I want those classic lines. Any insight will be highly appreciated.

GRIZ
Old 06-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Registered

Default Re: Change the power?

Well if you went with new engines and drives I think there would be damage to your wallet.

Not sure about the drives...but this company makes a replacement for TRS drives
http://www.konradmarine.com/news3.html

Have you seen this 311 with 420s?
http://www.speedwake.com/classifieds....php?a=2&b=874
Old 06-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Registered

How do ya'll find all these classifieds? That is a nice boat! How come you haven't bought it yet Chuck? Did your deal go ok?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Registered

It is a nice boat, 400hrs on 420s. Very pretty 420s at that. He said he sold it Sunday. Even came off his price a bit. God hates me!

GRIZ
Old 06-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Registered

Dammnnnnn...........That seemed to be a steal. Seems like there have been quite a few really good deals lately. Guess you gotta be in the right place at the right time.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by formula1
How do ya'll find all these classifieds? That is a nice boat! How come you haven't bought it yet Chuck? Did your deal go ok?
Well I'm on a mission so I am searching all over the place.
My buyer should be sending the money today...so I think the deal will go through. Next step is delivery. Buying/selling boats is a lot of work. I think I'll also need to buy a truck to put the boat in and out of the water. Thinking about ditching the wifes useless Land Rover in favor of a 2500 Avalanche.

Are you going to pull the trigger on the 382 and part with the 292?

One problem I have is if a boat is in Florida or Michigan or New York...I'm looking at $2/mile for delivery.

Last edited by chuck21401; 06-07-2006 at 05:23 AM.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griz
It is a nice boat, 400hrs on 420s. Very pretty 420s at that. He said he sold it Sunday. Even came off his price a bit. God hates me!
GRIZ
That was a great deal....although this one is gone...it shows you that these deals are out there.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Registered

I have a guy that seems to really interested. I sea trialed it for him and everything. Now, I want some $$ for a deposit and an offer or I'm gonna forget about selling it for now. I have some things I want to have done to it and I don't want to mess around too much longer. It seems that the selling season for most of the USA is done. Serious buyers have already purchased and are boating by now. At least, that is what I think. There is always next year!
Old 06-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Registered

Well I'm on a mission so I am searching all over the place.
My buyer should be sending the money today...so I think the deal will go through. Next step is delivery. Buying/selling boats is a lot of work. I think I'll also need to buy a truck to put the boat in and out of the water. Thinking about ditching the wifes useless Land Rover in favor of a 2500 Avalanche.

One problem I have is if a boat is in Florida or Michigan or New York...I'm looking at $2/mile for delivery.
Well, if you want to buy my boat, I'm headed to Richmond, Va in July for a reunion! I could bring it up, too!

That 2500 Avalanche is nice. If you get the big block, it can be a little thirsty. I didn't notice much difference in fuel economy between the 4.10 geared trucks and the 3.73 ones.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Registered

...Apologies to Griz for highjacking this thread...

Griz, welcome aboard...where are you located?

Well, if you want to buy my boat, I'm headed to Richmond, Va in July for a reunion! I could bring it up, too!
Oh really. I'll drop you a note offline.

That 2500 Avalanche is nice. If you get the big block, it can be a little thirsty. I didn't notice much difference in fuel economy between the 4.10 geared trucks and the 3.73 ones.
Couldn't be much worse than the %^@$%%$ Land Rover. It gets like 14mpg. If I bought a tow rig it wouldn't be going far. The wife does not want a pickup truck if the Land Rover goes. So one option is the Avalanche...or I could get something inexpensive strickly to two the boat...perhaps an older F250 or 2500 Chevy. My buddy has a newer F250 with a V-10 I can use on a short term basis...

Last edited by chuck21401; 06-07-2006 at 09:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Change the power?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.