Notices
Formula

Broke my motor!!

Old 06-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Broke my motor!!

Hi guys.
I was out last night enjoying a few drinks while cruising at about 30mph when out of no where my motor starting making a loud popping noise from under the distributor cap area. Its a real loud banging/popping noise. Oil pressure was fine and motor temp was normal. Did I break a rocker arm or something? Any thoughts?

Thanks guys
Old 06-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Broke my motor!!

How was the performance? I'm sure you immediately slowed down but did it still ide ok?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 86formula242ls
Hi guys.
I was out last night enjoying a few drinks while cruising at about 30mph when out of no where my motor starting making a loud popping noise from under the distributor cap area. Its a real loud banging/popping noise. Oil pressure was fine and motor temp was normal. Did I break a rocker arm or something? Any thoughts?

Thanks guys
Could be the distributor module. Mine went south over the past holiday weekend. When it went in my port motor, the engine banged, pinged, puked and shutdown real fast. I thought I blew the thing. After much troubleshooting and long distance technical assistance from Axapowell, turned out to be that module. It's in the bottom of the distributor, easy fix and cheap. Only about $55.00.

Crank the engine over and check for spark at the center distributor wire. If no spark, I'd bet its that module.

Check it out, your problem sounds like what went wrong with mine. Hope it helps.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Registered

I was going slow when it happened but the idle was fine after. It did'nt die on its own, just kept idling then I shut it off. I will check the distributor module.

Thanks guys
Old 06-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't have an MSD do you?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 86formula242ls
I was going slow when it happened but the idle was fine after. It did'nt die on its own, just kept idling then I shut it off. I will check the distributor module.

Thanks guys
Probably not the distributor module. I thought it died all at once. Still though, an idea to keep in mind.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Could be the distributor module. Mine went south over the past holiday weekend. When it went in my port motor, the engine banged, pinged, puked and shutdown real fast. I thought I blew the thing. After much troubleshooting and long distance technical assistance from Axapowell, turned out to be that module. It's in the bottom of the distributor, easy fix and cheap. Only about $55.00.

Crank the engine over and check for spark at the center distributor wire. If no spark, I'd bet its that module.

Check it out, your problem sounds like what went wrong with mine. Hope it helps.
Techinical assistance from the Senator ? Why you calling him ? He's an accountant , closest he gets to getting his hands dirty is if the old folks money has been buried in the back yard and still has dirt on the can when he gets his hands on it.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Techinical assistance from the Senator ? Why you calling him ? He's an accountant , closest he gets to getting his hands dirty is if the old folks money has been buried in the back yard and still has dirt on the can when he gets his hands on it.
Ya know,,,,, that is funny but,,,,,,,,,,, Axa really helped me out that day. He's not just another ugly accountant.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts
Re: Broke my motor!!

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
. He's not just another ugly accountant.
It's pretty obvious you take a shine to him, based on the pic on his thread at #144. You two look like the Broke Back Boating Boys. Birds of a Feather, **** together.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Registered

Rocker arm broke. Should be up and running in a few days.

Quick Reply: Broke my motor!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.