Hatch lift issue

Notices
Formula

Hatch lift issue

Old 06-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hatch lift issue

My hatch lift crapped out on me last weekend. Now the cylinder is fully closed but when I hit up/down switch it makes a clicking noise but doesn't raise. Any thoughts?
Old 07-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Hatch lift issue

Common Problem .... you need to get the hatch open ..... pull the pin on the lift via a vent ot some people can lift on the hatch and bump it up enough to get to the Pin ...

Thread from 2004 ......

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ght=hatch+lift

Mine has never done it ....but I make sure I dont go ALL the up or down ( the clicking sound) ...when I lower the hatch I watch the hatch until the weight is off ... you can see the hatch settle in ......m

Last edited by offthefront; 07-01-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

worst comes to worst, you can always unscrew the 2 bolts in the back of the hatch from outside the boat, then you can lift it the opposite side you usually do, so you have access. 2 bolts, that's it! But you better be 4 arms to do it! Quite heavy!
Old 07-02-2006, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine did the same thing I took the lift out and took it apart. I found that when it went all the way down it would get stuck an would not release. When you take it apart you will see the screw arm that goes up and down, at the base it would get stuck so I epoxyed to small pieces of of metal so it would not close all the way. The piece I epoxyed in was only about 3/16 thick just enough not to get stuck, grease everything up and you should be fine.

Hope this helps
Old 07-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Registered

The way my hatch lift is I was able to open it about 8 inches and take the bolt out. Now I can open the hatch all the way by hand. What part of the cylinder do I need to take apart? This is the same sound when fully extended or closed. Usually I never close or open it that far but I can I screwed up. Thanks for all your help!!
Old 07-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The piece you to take apart is the screw mech. it spins to go up an down. There are a couple of screws underneath that need to come out. The black sleeve need to come off, it will need grease work it in maybe you will find a problem you can fix. It took a while to fix mine an runs fine, if you go up or down to far it will make the clicking noise. I made a small stop on mine so it would not go all the way down .

Or just order one from Cpperformance less than $300 I think
Old 07-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine usually jams a couple times a season. I've had to take it so much I got tired to cutting the wires and soldering them together again. I installed a connector on the wires that was meant for an electric trolling motor.

Follow this link to see how I fix mine http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ighlight=hatch
Old 07-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to our world. I am intimately familiar with that whole assembly since I take it apart a couple times a season. I've jammed it a couple times, my wifes done it, my sons done it, plus assorted friends who were "helping" me.

I did the same thing Iggy did; I soldered in a connector so I can take it out without cutting the wires. Real PITA; they should have put the stops in the original design like Masi did.

I also leave the cross pin out so I can lift the hatch by hand if I have to.

Last edited by wantsa311; 07-05-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info everyone. IGGY, it's good to hear from you again. By the way the bimini top is the best thing I've put on that boat. Thanks so much!!
Old 07-07-2006, 05:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

By the way the bimini top is the best thing I've put on that boat. Thanks so much!!
Very good! Glad you picked one up.
For us, the Florida sun would be unbearable with out it. I need to replace my fabric part and new straps. The frame is in good shape just the fabric is giving out.

How's the hatch lift?
Did you get it working again?
First time I took mine apart I found the gearbox had dried up grease in it. I cleaned it all out and packed it with good stuff. Greased the piss out of the screw shaft too.

Mine always got stuck when lowing the hatch. Once the hatch touches the deck and stops moving I release the switch before it clicks. Keeps it from jamming.

Hope you're having fun with your 206. The weekend weather here has been chitty. Three weekends in a row we got chased off the water by severe thunder/lightening storms. Last trip out it rained so hard that the water running down the ramp was like standing in a fast moving stream. Water was splashing up to my knees.

Have fun!!

Last edited by Iggy; 07-07-2006 at 07:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Hatch lift issue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.