Electrical Panel Cover

Notices
Formula

Electrical Panel Cover

Old 07-03-2006, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electrical Panel Cover

Replacing the old style hinges on the door to my electrical panel on the 382. The old ones were plated metal, new ones are piano-style hinges coated in white. Can somebody with a newer 382/353 grab a couple pics of the new style hinges for me?
Old 07-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Electrical Panel Cover

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Replacing the old style hinges on the door to my electrical panel on the 382. The old ones were plated metal, new ones are piano-style hinges coated in white. Can somebody with a newer 382/353 grab a couple pics of the new style hinges for me?
Hey Chris,

I can, in a couple of weeks.

Garrett
Old 07-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FormulaM2Formula
Hey Chris,

I can, in a couple of weeks.

Garrett
Hi Chris,

I should have my boat back this week. I'll snap a couple of photos this weekend and post.

Garrett
Old 07-18-2006, 08:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FormulaM2Formula
Hi Chris,

I should have my boat back this week. I'll snap a couple of photos this weekend and post.

Garrett
Darn! I forgot I took some pics of a 2005 382 at the boat show a few months ago of the electrical panel inside. I was collecting info for a possible TV upgrade and generator install. Hah! After the drive thing, I don't think these will be happening for a while. These show the hinges from the back and the picture of the TV has the front view of the electrical panel hinges. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. I'm sorry I didn't think about these sooner.

Garrett
Attached Thumbnails Electrical Panel Cover-dscn1036.jpg   Electrical Panel Cover-dscn1038.jpg  
Old 07-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Registered

Garrett,

Thanks for the photos. I must have got the wrong hinges ... these are exactly what mine are like. I would like to upgrade my TV too, but it will have to wait. Just got my bill for the engine repair from Sterling, and I think I will not be going back to them.

I spoke to the fabricator this week and he will be getting the dash panels out soon. Haven't forgotten you.

Chris
Old 07-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Registered

Garrett,

Thanks for the photos. I must have got the wrong hinges ... these are exactly what mine are like. I would like to upgrade my TV too, but it will have to wait. Just got my bill for the engine repair from Sterling, and I think I will not be going back to them.

I spoke to the fabricator this week and he will be getting the dash panels out soon. Haven't forgotten you.

Chris
Awesome about the panels. I am getting my boat back finally this week. It is a long story, but it took forever, mostly due to Mercruiser not having parts in stock in the middle of the summer. I have some things to do to it this weekend and hoping to get it wet the following weekend.

Garrett
Old 07-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Garrett,

Chris
Chris .. Sterling bend ya over good ?? I can just imagine
Old 07-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offthefront
Chris .. Sterling bend ya over good ?? I can just imagine
I was very satisfied with the original build and I believed the price was very reasonable.

I had Stef's pans and coolers with Merc thermostatic filter blocks done last year and the bill was a bit more than I had anticipated. Motors were supposed to have been dynoed and 100%, but they weren't.

I had problems all last season with oil temps in one motor climbing that ultimately was due to blowby from the rings not seating. This motor always had a lot of oil out the breathers and I have spoken with Mike from the beginning about it.

They had my motor from September until the middle of June. Mike kept apologizing to me for the delays and told me he would be fair to me on the bill, but then charged me almost $7300 to re-ring it! F'n outrageous.

I'm waiting to cool off a little before I have the discussion with him.

Last edited by RedDog382; 07-21-2006 at 02:44 PM.