Notices
Formula

Need to Vent

Old 07-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to Vent

Had a guy from out of town call yesterday,he was coming thru Jasper on business,wanted to look at 240's and 260's today.I remember the guy,been by 2 or 3 times over the past year,has us uncover everything,classic time waster maybe but you can never be sure. I did not make an appointment,just told him to come by and look at the boats. After the 4th we are hammered,getting a 370,a 330, and a 292 ready,and I had to leave at noon to demo a 353. The guy shows up,wants to know why I wasn't there,we uncover 3 boats,he is upset cause we don't use Volvos. When he leaves,Karen calls and says she was glad I was gone,this guy was a genuine jerk,absolute smart aleck,plus he had a Cobalt tag on the front of his car (you know Cobalt is mostly Volvo) I told Karen to forget about it,I remember his attitude. Well, a few minutes later the guy calls me on his cell phone,wanted to let me know how disappointed he was that I was not there personally (I never said I would be)and that we were very unproffessional cause one of the crew showed him a boat and had his shirt off. I respectfully replied that it was 95 degrees,he had been washing a sold boat,sorry if he was offended. Then he started into a rant about Volvo,I tried to explain why we don't do Volvo,he kept on and on and called my guy a smarta**(furthest thing from the truth) and then I just lost it. My reply was "Since you said that,let me tell you what Karen said about you,she said you were a smarta** and a jerk and she was glad you left". I told him to have a nice day and buy a boat somewhere else,and I hung up. I expect he is so mad now that he will call Formula and complain,and that's fine. Sorry for the rant,after being nice to customers for 40 years I occasionally lose patience. The success of our business does not hinge on the sale of one boat to one jerk. OK,I feel better now Thanks for listening.

Last edited by Magicfloat; 07-06-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Need to Vent

I am very glad to be out of retail just for the issues you mention. I actually had a man walk into my shop and throw a computer accross the floor that we did not even build. The parts were purchased from us and a fly by night person put it together wrong. Glad I was not there because he would be wearing what was left of the system up his Ass...
Old 07-06-2006, 03:49 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I've called you for a few things in the last 2 years......I would LOVE to have a local performance boat dealer that treated people like you do! Don't worry about it and don't change.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Robert,

Your solution to the issue was the correct one, in my opinion.

What you need to do now is relax...think about water....have a cocktail....sell that 353 that you demo'd to make up for the azzhole that didn't buy....have another cocktail....breath.....relax.....

Better now? Hope so. Keep up the good work!

Dave
Old 07-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

hee...hee...hee...Its always nice to see that even the nice guys have a point.....Makes me feel like less of an azz.......
Old 07-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Robert .... I sent my Brother-in-Law by to look at 240/260's ....has he arrived yet ??????

I think even if he does call formula ... they know who you are .. and how you deal with people ... Fu-get-about-it ............m
Old 07-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Banned

If he calls Formula, they will probably tell him that they would take your word that he is a smartazz!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

I cannot,on a public forum,tell you what Karen said about this guy I always worry when I feel that I have offended someone,but after talking to Karen,Dano,Jeff,and Betty,I am certain I did the right thing. I don't want this guy as a customer. Thanks for letting me vent. Robert
Old 07-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Registered

Robert... Glad you told the jack azz off so now maybe he will learn something from it but I doubt it. I put up with the same kind of bs everyday,they think you have all day to chit around.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I heard from my accountant and my attorneys "Not all business is good business"...even though we would like to please them all we cant, and to walk away from a tool like him will make you feel better...You did the right thing Robert..Rob

Quick Reply: Need to Vent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.