Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 206 Ls

Originally Posted by Iggy
HEY!!!......you stole my boat!!

We have twins!!!
We both have the same color combo.

Here's mine.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50864
That is funny,they are twins.So how do you like the way it rides and handles?

Nordic95
Old 09-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know where in Jersey you are.
I used to live in Toms River and Beachwood NJ.
I bet these would be fun out on Barnegate Bay, Silver Bay, and Toms River.

The lakes in Florida can get real choppy to rough. With maybe 3' waves.
In all but the heavy stuff it rides like a dream. The waves here are usually close together and that makes for a rough ride. Not too bad for me but uncomfortable for passengers.
Handling is great. Except at idle speeds. It'll bow steer. Wanders like a drunken sailor. Got to watch it constantly. I've tried raising the drive a bit and tried lowering the trim tabs. Nothing really helps except increased speed.
Other than that it turns well, I have yet to push it hard enough to make it slide. Not that I'd want it to.

Watch your water depth. They are ass heavy at low speed and take a bit more water than most other boats.

It's a little slow coming out of the hole. With four or five adults on board it struggles to get up on plane. I usually ask for one or two people to step up to the wind shield to weigh the bow down. You may not have that problem with 320 HP. I only have 270 HP.
The current prop is a 21" Laser II and it came with a 21" Mirage. For my set up Formula recommended a 19" Laser II prop. I just may drop it down to a 19". With the Mirage I had run a lot of positive drive trim to carry the bow. The Laser II carries the bow easily and also lifts the stern a little.

Gotta run.
Later.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watch your water depth. They are ass heavy at low speed and take a bit more water than most other boats.

Iggy you must have seen me on the lake this weekend. I had 3 people in my boat (all in the rear) and idled across a 5' depth and drug the bottom. This might have been a tad off but I know it's close to that depth. Luckily it was very soft so no damage was done. It did "sandblast" my SS prop to the best looking shine I've ever seen. I've got a new engine in mine which hit the dyno at 300hp and I still like to have people in the front with me on take off. All this talk about boats makes me want to leave now. I'll be out there Sunday for sure.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I measured mine sitting on the trailer (from the water marks to bottom of skeg) and it will draw close to 3' of water.
Last time we had it out a guy in a bass boat was behind us. As we crossed a shallow spot at idle speed, I kicked up sand. He started yelling for me to raise the drive. I had it up as far as I can and still run. He couldn't believe how deep the boat sat. Once it was on the trailer he saw why we hit bottom.
And yes, my prop has been sand blasted more than once too.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Banned

Iggy, every single engine boat I've owned will "hunt" at idle speed. I've found that if I don't move the wheel, the pressure will build up on the side it's turning to, and make it turn the other direction. Both of my Donzi's do it. So did my Checkmate.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Any deep vee will hunt at idle,it's just goes with the territory Not any kind of design flaw,just the way it is. It's easy to get used to. A flatbottom boat or a pontoon boat won't do it,but all deep vees do it. No big deal. Enjoy your great find
Old 09-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
Iggy, every single engine boat I've owned will "hunt" at idle speed. I've found that if I don't move the wheel, the pressure will build up on the side it's turning to, and make it turn the other direction. Both of my Donzi's do it. So did my Checkmate.
This is the hardest thing to teach people when they are learning to drive. The bow will wander but wait for it the boat will come back to course, by moving the steering wheel you just aggrevate it.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys thanks for all the compliments,I am taking motor apart tomorrow to see whats wrong,I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks Nordic95

Quick Reply: 206 Ls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.