Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Finally got friends 98 353 in water today,great results!!! >

Finally got friends 98 353 in water today,great results!!!

Notices
Formula

Finally got friends 98 353 in water today,great results!!!

Old 09-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts
Default Re: Finally got friends 98 353 in water today,great results!!!

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
That looks like the boat we sold to Mailon Kent in Bham,AL.If so,you are right,it does have more in it. Dano ran it 101 right after the prochargers were installed,and Mailon told me it later saw 105. Awesome boat.
I was waiting for someone to recognize it!!
It was his boat,my friend (Scott) bought it last August and finally got it together,taking it slow so it runs good and reliable,what else do you know about this boat? it has 5 lbs of boost now,was it 7lbs when it went 101 if it did?
The new owner is a very good mechanic,he does all his own work,the boat got a complete new fuel system to make sure it does not melt pistons again(thats how he bought it)
He also found that the heads were in total need a valve work,he reconditioned his ZZ502 aluminum heads from his 311 and used 525 cams.
Does anyone here know what the weak link is on the IMCO Extreme drives?
Magicfloat,can I contact you?
I am sure the owner will chime in here when he is done tinkering with the boat,he stayed at the lake to play for a few days!!
Old 09-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If memory serves,Mailon used the 7# pulleys originally. We did not do the work,we were just the selling dealer,Mailon has bought several Formulas from us. All the service and mods were done by William Slovack,a master technician on Lake Martin,may have his # at the store.This was possibly the fastest Formula we were ever involved with,T500HPS was a close 2nd and the InfraRed,one of the prettiest. Enjoy,and call me anytime.205-221-3072. Robert

Last edited by Magicfloat; 09-25-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
If memory serves,Mailon used the 7# pulleys originally. We did not do the work,we were just the selling dealer,Mailon has bought several Formulas from us. All the service and mods were done by William Slovack,a master technician on Lake Martin,may have his # at the store.This was possibly the fastest Formula we were ever involved with,T500HPS was a close 2nd and the InfraRed,one of the prettiest. Enjoy,and call me anytime.205-221-3072. Robert
I would have to say it had the 7 lb pulleys to go past 100 mph,I am sure we would kill to see 105!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:30 AM
Registered

I appreciate all the positive comments. I'm really happy on the way this boat came together. I still have some bugs to work out, but all is good.

Limited(Tim). The motors had around an hour on them before I pounced on them. I like to think of it as an in water dyno run.

Magicfloat(Robert). I will be contacting you in the near future, I have a couple questions about the boat. If you talk to Mailon,let him know the boat is back in action, and I appreciate all the cool parts he put on the boat.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Registered

Looks good! I can't wait to see (and hear!!!!) it in person

Btw - what's this I hear about drive problems?
Old 09-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Registered

Its about time you got that thing in the water.....I was startin to think it was a myth.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Registered

BTW, if you need anything for the Prochargers or Imcos dont be a affraid to call Jason, he knows his chit.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by DonziChick

Btw - what's this I hear about drive problems?
I don't know nuttin....
Small mishap,no big deal,in water this weekend
Old 09-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
Its about time you got that thing in the water.....I was startin to think it was a myth.
That seems to be the saying!!

Sure was a fun ride!!! Makes the 311 feel like my boat!!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Registered

Looks like I might have to start crying the Bravo blues. Took the boat out on Monday after making a couple carb. and timing adjustments, put on the second set of props that came with the boat, and made a few loops around the bay. I saw a 97mph on the speedo, and was going to go for a cruise on the lake. At around 60mph, the port motor started to free rev, turns out I broke the prop shaft right at the bearing carrier. Talked to Jim at Dubberts, and he said while its not as common as twisting the Bravo shafts, he has seen them break there!!. The drives are early Imco extremes, with welded upper gears, a 1" shorter lower cases and shafts, and the rest are stock Bravo. I did pick up a used shaft and new bearing carrier from him though. Pulling it home tommorrow to fix the drive, decals and a couple other things on the list. If all goes well, I'll bring it back out on Sunday. I'm not ready to give up on this season yet. I would love to have one whole weekend on it before I break out the antifreeze.

Quick Reply: Finally got friends 98 353 in water today,great results!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.