Notices
Formula

Fiberglass repair ?

Old 11-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fiberglass repair ?

Originally Posted by tlark
Don't mis-understand, wasn't looking for a good deal, just a new owner not familar with costs and how things are done. I had a guy come to my house and did some touchup work on a Porsche and it looks outstanding and didn't know if that type of work could be done while the boat is on the lift. Service call like.........

I guess were talking about taking the boat out of the water to make this minor repair regardless where its done at ??
Nothing bad meant on my last statement. Repair of Imron on the water is very,very hard and yes it needs to go inside a heated shop to make the best repair for your money.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A scratch like you desribed would be tough to fix on site. The new Metallic Flagship Imron is quite complicated and requires a really good paint guy. Let Glencove handle it,it will be done right. Besides,your insurance should cover it. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You bought the best boat you could get...(Congrats)....now, go to a good shop, beleive me , the guys on this site will give you good guidance, and get the best repair work you can. I had some minor Imron issues with my new 353 Fastech. It was hauled, taken inside a shop, and touched up flawlessly. I don't live in your area, but it sounds like Glen Cove Marine is a good place to do business........ E