Notices
Formula

Falling headliner

Old 11-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Falling headliner

Originally Posted by selpel
I am going to the plant this week and will sit down with the foam supplier and as his opinion on this problem. You guys already know mine!
No we all don't......what's your opinion?

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 11-27-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We already know his answer it the owners fault. Wasnt it selpel who said that they have headliner kits avaiable. So you still think it is a isolated problem.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:47 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ninetym
We already know his answer it the owners fault. Wasnt it selpel who said that they have headliner kits avaiable. So you still think it is a isolated problem.

OK, I sat by long enough and listened to his BS. See my Original post. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=132536

He (Sepel) will tell you that you looked at it too long and it caused the bla bla bla to go bad.... Because you can only look at it when the moon is full and the the humidity is low and the temp is....

He really represents himself and what is considered to be one of the best factory boats in the business in a bad way. I would not buy anything from him with his attitude, the customer is always wrong, and let me tell you why your $250K boat should not expect to hold up to the elements. After all it's a boat...

Last edited by J.B. Marshall; 11-27-2006 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok guys lets keep this on track.

Selpel: I hope that you can get Formula to realize that this is NOT a customer care issue. Norts boat is amazingly well cared for and kept in Southern Cali so it NEVER has humidity or the super hot heat. You could say it is the ideal climate and his liner came down!! In fact it was CIG GUYS that fixed it if I remember correctly. I have seen a number of them coming down on other well cared for boats. I have seen them stay up on boats that are beat to hell, even one that sank!!! No doubt that their supplier had a issue with the glue. It happens, but what Formula is telling these guys that paid HUGE money for their boats is a damn shame.

Jon
Old 11-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

While I am not privy to the details on every case,I do know that in several situations on boats long out of warranty,Formula has stepped up and worked things out on the isolated headliner issues. If you have an issue like this,just contact Formula thru your selling dealer,or contact them yourself. I beleive you will find them to be very receptive to going the extra mile to insure you are treated fairly. I am not speaking for Formula,just speaking as a Formula dealer that has seen them step up many times on issues similar to this,not just headliner issues.Fortunately,there are very few horror stories on the Formula forum,and the few that come up are usually taken care of.Just my 2 cents. Robert
Old 11-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 1998 382 Fastech and the headliner is starting to fall in front of the stb large hatch.
My boat has been in northern Ohio since it was new. It has been in a heated garage for every winter and on a lift every summer.
This boat is very clean and in excellent condition. I am at the dock every day that it doesn't rain and open the cover to air out the boat
I have not asked for help from formula yet. I am just showing you that it also happens in cooler climates.
This is my third formula and I have been happy with all of them.
I have not been in the position to purchase a new one yet, but when the time comes I would like it to be a formula.
I realize a lot of these boats are out of warranty, but helping out with some reasonably priced or free materials will keep people happy and coming back.
Poor customer service would defiantly push me to a different brand of boat.
Jeff
Old 11-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that Wags is on the money. Just sell the customers the material at a reasonable price, not rake them over the coals. I always hate to tell my customers the price of a bulb for a projector as they are HUGE money. I had one go in a very good customers projector the other day. The bulb was well out of warrantee. I gave him the new bulb at half price and put it in on Thanksgiving. Well guess what, today he asked me to price up a huge upgrade to his system. Said he really apreciated what I did for him...... Formula come on man do something but not nothing!
Old 11-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Ok guys lets keep this on track.

Selpel: I hope that you can get Formula to realize that this is NOT a customer care issue. Norts boat is amazingly well cared for and kept in Southern Cali so it NEVER has humidity or the super hot heat. You could say it is the ideal climate and his liner came down!! In fact it was CIG GUYS that fixed it if I remember correctly. I have seen a number of them coming down on other well cared for boats. I have seen them stay up on boats that are beat to hell, even one that sank!!! No doubt that their supplier had a issue with the glue. It happens, but what Formula is telling these guys that paid HUGE money for their boats is a damn shame.

Jon

Jon

My headliner didn't have this hanging material issue.....it was something else and I never went to the dealer or Formula to fix it.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Audifn hit it on the head perfectly. Speaking for myself I dont expect something for nothing, If it my fault I would gladly pay. All I want is some materal for a decent price. Even if I would have posted and no one responed then I would assume its just me. But obviosly it isnt just me and it seems to be a touchy subject for many. So it appears as if there is some issues out there.

Magic float, I did call formula and got an email basically saying to bad out of warranty. I would gladly send pictures of boat 1995 419 to prove it is not owner neglect. I understand things go wrong over time but in my opion this is something that should happen. It would be nice if someone from the factory would chime in on the issue. Mark
Old 11-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Mark,Formula is aware of this thread and they are looking at the situation closely. The rest of this week it will be difficult to talk to anyone in TAG because this is when all the dealers are at the plant for a service seminar. Next week everything will get back to normal. Again,I cannot speak for Formula,so I should wait about any comments at this point. My personal opinion,and my opinion only,is you guys with headliner problems will not be completely left out of the loop. I don't really think any of you with older boats expect complete warranty(correct me if I'm wrong) but maybe just want a little help maybe on the cost?I believe that will be coming,but again,personal opinion only as a dealer only. Let's see how this plays out after the seminars this week. I better shut up now,as this is not what I am supposed to be jumping in on,I am just a dealer.

Quick Reply: Falling headliner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.