292 Fastech resale?

Notices
Formula

292 Fastech resale?

Old 03-14-2007, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Done a couple of poker runs in a 292. Personally,I like the boat,fun to drive,easy to dock. The slow to plane is an issue, I keep saying that the right props will solve this,just cannot find the time to test,but I bet Maximas will fix the glitch
Would love to see what 5 blades would do for the boat. Keep us updated if you ever get a chance to run them.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikini Bottom
Stays on plane just fine down to 19-20mph, as long as I use some tab and keep the r's around 3200. I do have full size K-Planes, they help. When the kids are driving I keep them 30 mph plus. Definately not a casual boaters boat but I love mine, good size for the family, economic small blocks, nice ride, she'll run hard and is trailerable. I guess when the time come's I'll look to trade instead of taking a bath.
You think your gonna lose a lil selling her privately ? Wait til you see the numbers on trade value. Dont go by the inflated numbers...leave your trade out of the equation, get the best possible price on whatever your looking at THEN tell them bout your trade...but hang on to your shorts.
BEEN THERE DONE THAT. HAVE PRIVATELY SOLD EVERYBOAT I'VE OWNED.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

if you buy your boats right pricewise, selling them isnt as painful
Old 03-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Registered

Part of it is that a new one has a cheaper payment with Formulas low interest rate.It is a nice boat though.I think K planes would help bring it on plane quicker
Old 03-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
if you buy your boats right pricewise, selling them isnt as painful
Sometimes I think I'm the only one that understands that.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem is that alot(most) people can't afford to be two boat owners while their trying to pedal their old one's and then you have the sales tax on on say 90 grand versus sales tax on the trade difference, plus the general pita of putting up with all the idiots in the world until you find a serious buyer. To some people when you add all of that together, trading doesn't seem so bad.
Just a personal opinion/observation.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Registered

I'll second what Slick02 just said. My first "serious" buyer showed up on a Sunday, 2nd week of Feb. Looked over the boat and asked if we could put it in the water. I told him I would, only if he was serious about buying it, which he said he was. 35 degrees outside, we put it in the lake. Eyes watering, nose running, we went right at 72.8 mph on GPS down the lake. Boat ran the fastest I had ever seen and really didn't try that hard to get "optimum" speed as my face and hands were getting numb. We get back and he says he's buying it and will pick it up on Wednesday of that week. I drained the engines and had the engines re-winterized. Calls me monday and says he got a bank check and asks me to get the titles (boat and trailer) all ready for him to just come get the boat, hand me the check and leave. Also wanted Coast Guard sales receipt, since he wanted to document the boat. Tuesday he says he will be here wednesday afternoon. Wednesday afternoon, no one shows up. I call him and he says he changed his mind, but would send a check to cover having the boat re-winterized. Not sure where he sent the check, because I never got it. Check must still be in the mail! Other person who wanted the boat flew up from FL later the next week, left deposit, and then came to get it last friday. My "selling" experience with this boat rather soured me on Formulas' (nothing against the boat, it was a very nice boat). I didn't overpay for the boat when I bought it (to berns29scarab's point) but I sure didn't get back out of it what I thought I would, given all of the talk about how well they hold their resale value. I didn't completely lose my a$$, but one cheek is gone! For those who are trying to get $$$ + out of theirs, I wish them well!

Last edited by bob_t; 03-15-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Registered

Hey jmeng, got your e-mail and I spoke with the owner he said he seen 70+ on the speedo. Will send photos tomorrow after sales meeting!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by selpel
Hey jmeng, got your e-mail and I spoke with the owner he said he seen 70+ on the speedo. Will send photos tomorrow after sales meeting!
Thanks.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Registered

Bob,

You would have had a lot less headaches if we would have made it up there before it sold.

Quick Reply: 292 Fastech resale?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.