SR- 1 Bolster Seat Actuators >

SR- 1 Bolster Seat Actuators

Notices
Formula

SR- 1 Bolster Seat Actuators

Old 03-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info. I'll keep calling 'till he' sick of clearing my voice-mails
Old 03-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, my port side actuator is going bad - it won't hold position. It'll drop a few inches when pressure is applied. Is there an easy way to take these out of the bolsters? I've looked under them, and have no idea where to start..?
Old 03-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Registered

And once you send it in don't be in a hurry to get it back....I almost thought I wouldn't see mine ever again. But I did. It was sure cheaper than buying new ones.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Registered

Bringing this back to the top instead of starting a new thread...
So i finally unscrewed the passenger button to see what it looked like in there. I now see why the button doesn't come out as much as driver's side, and why it won't hold weight.
What I'll call the "hinge pin" has rusted and is creating enough friction on the little lever arm to prevent the cable from returning all the way to the released position. The button itself moves freely.
So, the only "adjuster" I see under there is actually for the cable and it's way up at the top of the piston. It looks like your basic bicycle brake cable adjustment. But it looks like there's a locking nut so I didn't try to just turn it.
It also looks like the piston itself might be a PITA to get out up there? I didn't feel any bolt head or nut, just a big pin? That should be fun if it's rusted at all...
If I can replace the hinge pin on the button, I'll be good to go.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bolster has to come out and be disassembled to get to the piston. I did mine over the winter and I had the seat in my family room for a couple weeks. I'd sit in it and have a beer while thinking about summer.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wantsa311
The bolster has to come out and be disassembled to get to the piston. I did mine over the winter and I had the seat in my family room for a couple weeks. I'd sit in it and have a beer while thinking about summer.
Sh!t...that ain't gonna happen any time soon. So what's up there, just that pin that needs to be popped out or is there a retaining clip or something? Lucky my pistons are working fine. Hopefully they'll stay that way until it's time to reupholster.
Removing the button looks easy enough, that's my number 1 issue. Hopefully I'll be able to file/grind the rusted pin out and replace it; will be good as new then
Old 04-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by handfulz28
Sh!t...that ain't gonna happen any time soon. So what's up there, just that pin that needs to be popped out or is there a retaining clip or something? Lucky my pistons are working fine. Hopefully they'll stay that way until it's time to reupholster.
Removing the button looks easy enough, that's my number 1 issue. Hopefully I'll be able to file/grind the rusted pin out and replace it; will be good as new then
Hmmmm, both my seats are working great
Old 04-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by insptech
Hmmmm, both my seats are working great
Hah freakin' hah Are you ready to sell that thing yet?
Old 04-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Everything is for sale
Old 04-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wantsa311

I pretty much figured that - looks like this year, the seat is just not going to stay in position.

Quick Reply: SR- 1 Bolster Seat Actuators

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.