SR- 1 Bolster Seat Actuators

Notices
Formula

SR- 1 Bolster Seat Actuators

Old 03-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SR- 1 Bolster Seat Actuators

Anyone had any success in getting replacements for the DL Porter Hydroloc Actuators for the Drop Down Bolster seats on the SR-1? Any infor you can provide on who to contact, price etc would be helpful.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A company in California still rebuilds them. Must have exchange. I'll check for name, etc. and post tonight or Sunday. [sorry. best I can do, but someone will probably help you by then.] I thought mine was bad and a friend told me to adjust it. [twist to take out slack] Fixed it right up. It's still doing well.

GRIZ
Old 03-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Registered

Thanks Griz- My Driver's side has a little slack in it- I'll try the adjustment. The other one is shot so I'd really appreciate it if you could post the contact info for that co.-
Old 03-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Registered

ctuck, what are you considering as shot? Neither of my seats operate as I "think" they should, so I ask to compare. Driver's seat goes down a couple inches but otherwise holds weight until the button is pressed. Passenger side won't hold weight but it will hold position.
I've just eyeballed it under there but haven't gotten into messing with 'em yet.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Registered

Ok. ctuck. P.L. Porter was purchased by Crane a while back. Porter still had their website up as recently as last September but as I ckeck today we're re-directed to:

http://www.craneae.com/about_us/plporter.htm

So all I can say, as recently as last Fall their site explained an exchange program costing close to $200 including shipping there and back receiving a rebuilt [good as new] actuator. I recommend contacting 'the experts' there and asking if they can take care of you. I'd bet yes. But, their new 'web' appearance is quite different from the family owned business previous.

Please let us know what you hear.

handfulz, sounds like you need a few. Your seats should go all the way down by pushing the button and manually pushing the seat bottom down. Should hold at any position returning to upright when you push your button and release any weight or pressure on the seat itself. You might try the adjusting thangy. Just reach up there and start turning the actuator. It'll either loosen or tighten. You want tighten. Good luck both of you.
Attached Thumbnails SR- 1 Bolster Seat Actuators-mvc-005s-23.jpg  
Old 03-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Registered

Thanks Griz. Yeah, didn't explain it well. Driver's seat is working except a little play that might adjust out. Passenger is one I'm worried about since it can be pushed down without pressing button.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a pretty good page they have on the Hydrolock

http://www.craneae.com/Solutions/Cabin/hydrolok.htm

There is also contact info there.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:15 AM
Registered

Default Hydrolok actuactors

I e-mailed Crane yesterday, so far no reply but hopefully they still have the replacement option available and I'll hear from them soon. As far as what I consider "shot": before I removed the ram, the passanger side would stay up and hold weight, but once it was pushed down, it had to be manually lifted back into the up position. The drivers side drops a couple of inches when you first sit in it, but otherwise works normally. IU'm guessing that it can be adjusted to take the slack out.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Guys ... sometimes the button will stick and allow "leakdown" ...check that also ...but the rams are suspect for problems ...m
Old 03-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're on the right track with Crane. I replaced one of mine when I got my 311 because it was doing the 3 inch drop thing. Adjusting it didn't help.

The guy you need to catch up with - at least this was true a year ago - is Ceasar Asentio. He doesn't return emails or voice messages; you just have to keep calling until you catch him at his desk. Probably single items sales don't get him much of a comission. These actuators are used in airplane seats so he's probably used to selling a planefull at a time.

Good luck.

Last edited by wantsa311; 03-17-2007 at 10:59 AM.

Quick Reply: SR- 1 Bolster Seat Actuators

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.