Formula Pond-ezvous

Notices
Formula

Formula Pond-ezvous

Old 06-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 5PMSMWHR
OK, Let's see, Friday's weather really sucked, Saturday there were whitecaps in the Oswego river and it was all of 62 degrees. Went to Colemans on the river for lunch and Killians, then to the boat, partied with our trawler friends, drank, ate chocolate chip cookies, (nowhere near the quality of Gails) and spent all day Sunday supporting a graduation party. i beleive Mich had the most fun during the weekend.

Hold the lame excuses. As the originator / lead man, if you schedule one of these Poo Poo-ezvous you are obliged to attend regardless.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So....Crossing the Ocean (Lake Ontario seemed like the angry Bearing Sea) on Friday early evening and catching a BIG wave to surf my 10,000lb. rig into the Pond to meet all of the Pond folk.....Not too bad Saturday, a little windy, but turned out to be a good day. We needed to make sure we drank enough not to be come dehydrated. That wasn't a problem...And a real nice 1-2 foot rollers to get us back to the river Sunday.

Great company (missed you who weren't there!), enjoyed hanging with the group, Mike and Lori, Bruce and Susie, Mike, Dave and Julie (of course) and Gina and Susan. Thanks for the warm welcome and the GREAT company. That's what boating is all about. Look forward to another trip SOON.

Oh, and thanks to the Purple Crew for the 1:00am wake-up call, and the 1:05am wake-up call, and the 1:15 am wake-up call.....If you were there, we wouldn't have retired early!!

Dave
Old 06-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Hold the lame excuses. As the originator / lead man, if you schedule one of these Poo Poo-ezvous you are obliged to attend regardless.
Yup, gotta go with Pete on this. Dave and Gail made it on the worst of all of the days. 5P, you wussed dude.

Went out on the lake early friday to give Axa a report. After taking one over the bow in the channel and burying my drives in the sand, I advised him to stay in the Bay. 5 hours later I get a call that he's outside the Pond waiting for a guide in through the freakin' surf. I was blown away!!! We got in just fine. Poor Gail was a bit frozen and damp but we warmed her up. Dave's like "Dude, it was great!!"

Glad you came down Axa, you're my offshore hero now. Can't call you a fair-weather boater!!!!

By the way, Axa used 49 gallons last year in perfect weather. Only used 56 this year in crappy weather. Pretty awesome. That thing sips gas!!
Old 06-26-2007, 04:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The weekend was great, glad thirdbird talked us into coming out............company and food were both great. Gail has shamed my wife into baking for our next outing, Thanks Gail!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 05:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ext2gtx
company and food were both great. Gail has shamed my wife into baking for our next outing, Thanks Gail!!!
Hey Mike, what do you say we adopt Gail and make her a Pond Girl??? Get her out of that cold boathouse. Between Gail's baking and world-class potato salad and Lori's "beach kitchen", we'd be 300 pounds by the end of the summer.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Registered

sounds like a plan dave. if (axel) wants to come down we can keep him busy cleaning the boat decks he does agood job. what do you think
Old 06-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by axapowell
UPDATE:

Friday: Sunny High 71*
Sat. & Sun: Partly cloudy High 73*

10% chance of precip. all days.

WHO'S IN?

And what happened to slivings? Still gonna be in the Pond? Need to share some cell numbers!

Dave
I never saw a response when I jumped in, so I thought it was a private party. I spent the weekend doing the river runs.....B'ville to Cayuga n' back, then the other way to Oneida the next day.
Let me know when/where the next one is. I will be on Seneca river the week of 7/4 with a week off to go find trouble.

Have trailer, will travel
Scott
Old 06-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Originally Posted by slivings
I never saw a response when I jumped in, so I thought it was a private party. I spent the weekend doing the river runs.....B'ville to Cayuga n' back, then the other way to Oneida the next day.
Let me know when/where the next one is. I will be on Seneca river the week of 7/4 with a week off to go find trouble.

Have trailer, will travel
Scott
Scott,

Bummer...We ALWAYS welcome any OSOr's or others that we meet along the way! Maybe the next time. We will be in Alex Bay that weekend if you want to travel up!

Let me know,
Dave
Old 06-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Between Gail's baking and world-class potato salad and Lori's "beach kitchen", we will be 300 pounds by the end of the summer.

Better be carefull there Bird, you'll be knocking off precious MPH's if you get up into that poundage.

BTW where are those pics of Axa??? Looking foreward to them, the Senator is known in many circles for his photogenic attributes.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Hey Bird...Remember, What happens in the Pond, STAYS in the Pond!!

If they had decided to show up, They would have seen it themselves!

Dave

PS: Don't forget, I had a camera too!!

Quick Reply: Formula Pond-ezvous

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.