400SS Problems

Notices
Formula

400SS Problems

Old 06-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like it wouldn't be to bad if it wasn't for Raymarine and Mercury. If you take those issues out of the mix, the rest of it seems managable. When you step back and look at the number of parts and systems in those boats, it's amazingly complex. The factory cares, trust me. It's just that they don't have as much control over the dealers as we would like them to have.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it your dealer/marina that's doing the work?
Just an outsider/uninformed perspective here, but it sounds like you're not at the top of their list. Still speculating here, but even though it's a "Formula Dealer", it might be the "marina repair facility" so it doesn't get the attention it deserves.
The Formula Factory bears a responsibility but the brunt of your discontent should fall on your dealer (outside of the fact none of this should be happening given the "factory refresh").
Old 06-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Yes it is the dealer/marina doing the work. They are small and new to formula. less than two years. I agree the boat is the lesser of the problems but who can sell a boat this size with no engines or electronics? I just heard today they will be out on friday to replace the head and the smartcraft and the electronics guy will be out to "look at" the Raymarine stuff.

Problem is we want to take some trips and it would be a bugger if I was out of sight of land and the GPS went out. Yes I could use the compass but that is not what I paid for.

I have faith things will be fixed, With our short season I hope its sooner than later. Again I just want to vent a little its just very frustrating when things dont go your way.

Last edited by Raypanic; 06-12-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Raypanic
Yes it is the dealer/marina doing the work. They are small and new to formula. less than two years. I agree the boat is the lesser of the problems but who can sell a boat this size with no engines or electronics? I just heard today they will be out on friday to replace the head and the smartcraft and the electronics guy will be out to "look at" the Raymarine stuff.

Problem is we want to take some trips and it would be a bugger if I was out of sight of land and the GPS went out. Yes I could use the compass but that is not what I paid for.

I have faith things will be fixed, With our short season I hope its sooner than later. Again I just want to vent a little its just very frustrating when things dont go your way.
I totally agree with you I'm in the same situation.
Comming from a pure go fast my chart reading skills are limited
Old 06-13-2007, 03:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobd
I totally agree with you I'm in the same situation.
Comming from a pure go fast my chart reading skills are limited
Mine are not limited, they simply dont exist.

If it makes you feel any better RVs are 10x worse. My last RV was in the shop 9 months of the first year I owned it.

I've looked at a ton of boats and owned a fair share of them. The Formula is a great boat and I have only had mine 2 months now and love it. I have the 370ss and only had some very minor issues. The worse being the generator not working due to an impeller that was just replaced. Smoked it first day out on a brand new impeller.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Registered

I took delvery of a 05 demo last year and it has had its share but mostly bad ass boat its just my dealer that dosent have clue thats the only problem
Old 06-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Registered

Ray, you already know this, but let me summarize reality:

Every single thing on a boat will cause you problems.

The more complicated the boat, the more time fixin' and less time playin'

Playing is more fun than fixing.

Ergo, the simpler the boat, the more fun and less pain.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Registered

Have you called formula and told them all your problems thats what I do and is the only way to get results and go on formulaboatsform.com and talk the factory will call you. I went to thier factory school when I woked for the dealer and they want to here from you trust me
Old 06-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thanks for the comments I appreciate the responces. The factory does know of the problems I have been dealing with Kerry there. They are responding and working with the dealer but it just takes too long They will do one thing then it takes two weeks to come back. I guess they give you the first tank of gas for the return visits to the dealer
Old 06-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered

No I make them come to me and I have diesel in mine they will come when I ask, and I have tell them what they need to bring. You should be able to have that as well formula does pay them travel if you ask in your warrenty does it say you have to bring the boat to them I dont think so I also run my own moblie marine service and they no that so they cant bs me

Quick Reply: 400SS Problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.