310SS power

Notices
Formula

310SS power

Old 06-20-2007, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gare
Yea, I just don't want grandpa on his Regal 3760 going around me in my "sport" boat.
I think what they're tying to do is keep the 330ss alive without having to retool and update the cockpit. When I look at the two boats, I see the 310ss as being the sportier and faster of the two. Bad perception on my part. Well, I doubt I change their marketing structure so I guess I'll move on, lol.
Thanks for the info, Jim.
I've been following this and look forward to possible changes in the future. We've received A LOT of customers wanting bigger power. With that being said look forward to seeing changes in the future. I'll let you know when more progress develops.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Registered

Thanks, Jeremy. Makes me feel better knowing a set of ears hears our sentiments. Just to clarify, we really love that cockpit layout because of the sun pad and stuff like the speakers out the back. As silly as this all sounds, it's what makes it such a good "day at the beach" boat. Again, thanks for chiming in. We'd love to give the Formula line a chance.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Registered

What IS the deal with being hell bent on not giving people what they want and are willing to pay for it???? My word!! That is capitalism 101. Especially when the items come in at,or above 1/4 $ million dollars. Again, heellloooooo??!!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Registered

Just a crazy idea, but since the 310 is new, and it looks like all the power options are small blocks, Formula probably pushed it to production without engineering it for bigger power. Not saying it won't fit, isn't possible or anything like that. Just that when all things were considered from Formula's business perspective, the majority of buyers would opt for the current power options.
There's ALWAYS going to be people that want more than is offered. That's what the aftermarket is for. Save some coin and get the 350MPIs and throw superchargers on 'em. I'd say that's $10k cheaper than a 496 power upgrade ($20k savings for 350MPIs instead of 496MAGs, less $10k for whipples). Keep the B3s, they're good for 65mph.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gare
Thanks, Jeremy. Makes me feel better knowing a set of ears hears our sentiments. Just to clarify, we really love that cockpit layout because of the sun pad and stuff like the speakers out the back. As silly as this all sounds, it's what makes it such a good "day at the beach" boat. Again, thanks for chiming in. We'd love to give the Formula line a chance.
We're happy to hear that. Sales for this boat have been stellar and we've received many compliments on it. I hope this "future progress" will become readily available as soon as possible. We're in process of dialing in another new Sun Sport for our annual dealer meeting, but are focusing our efforts on getting this done.