Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
HELP!!!!  Need to remove a vent cover and do it today!  How? >

HELP!!!! Need to remove a vent cover and do it today! How?

Notices
Formula

HELP!!!! Need to remove a vent cover and do it today! How?

Old 08-31-2007, 03:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!! Need to remove a vent cover and do it today! How?

I am leaving for a weekend at the lake for Labor Day weekend and we are bringing out 2 1/2 month old baby with us for the first time.

Last time out, I realized that the air in the main cabin was barely blowing, but all other vents were doing great.

After looking in the main cabin vent, I noticed that the duct was off of the coupler that holds it to the vent.

I just spent 2 hours trying to get that vent cover off. I can not get to the back of it, and I think that on both sides there are grooves that hold it in place making it impossible to come out from the front side.

I can't find 1 access point that I could actually reach and attempt to fix this issue. Does anyone have a trick to this? My boat will not cool down without the largest duct delivering cold air and I need it. It has been 110+ degrees and looks like 107-108 for the weekend.

Here is a picture of the vent.

Thanks!!!

Old 08-31-2007, 08:30 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

maybe you need to pull out what loosk like the TV to get behind there? i dunno....any other items that you can yank to get behind there?

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-31-2007, 09:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wally
maybe you need to pull out what loosk like the TV to get behind there? i dunno....any other items that you can yank to get behind there?
No. You can see the duct going through the wall, but there is no way to get your hand/arm though the hole that is way back there, then bend your arm forward to work on the vent.

I dont see how your arm could bend like that.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:23 AM
Registered

if it is the same as the fastech which it looks like there should be 4 plastic clips that you slide about a 1/2" with a small pocket screwdriver 2 on top and bottom . that should be the return grill not a supply.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by trips2win
if it is the same as the fastech which it looks like there should be 4 plastic clips that you slide about a 1/2" with a small pocket screwdriver 2 on top and bottom . that should be the return grill not a supply.
No, the return grill is much bigger and on the front of a cabinet where the A/C is.