First Run ....Not So Good

Notices
Formula

First Run ....Not So Good

Old 09-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Perfectmix
So was there waterin the oil? How about the oil filter? Did you cut it apart and was there metalic substance? Hopefully not catastrophic and just a good refresh will get you back in business. On the brighter side at least you found this before spring and are able to have things fixed for next season. You will also know exactly what you have when this is done. Good Luck man!
I pulled the dipstick andit seems the oil is fine. To me i have yet to find the real problem. I was thinking last night that when the motor comes out. if i do not find the "smoking gun" then it must be in the trans. I grabbed the prop last night and spun it in neutal and there was no grinding or clunk in the drive.

Last edited by Car Biz; 09-19-2007 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by axapowell
Loss of rpm's and grinding noises are never good. If it was knocking too...well, I'd start at the bottom end and work my way up. RPM loss is usually something starting to seize up, like a main or a rod bearing. Good Luck with it. Lots of help here for you!

Dave

I just want everyone to know that i did email the previous owner and i did ask him for anything i just thought he should know. He has offered me some parts if i pay the shipping. i say that is a stand up guy
Old 09-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Head bolts rusted? Spark plug rusted? How do the exhaust manifolds look? Sounds like a leaky manifold/gasket?
Since you're game for having them pulled at least they'll be easy to work on. If you're willing/able, please share what you find, including pics.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Registered

Sorry to hear that, ouch!

I know of some nice 525's you could put in - they come with a 311 spare boat ha!

Good luck!
Old 09-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

did you run the motor in Neutral ?
Old 09-21-2007, 07:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offthefront
did you run the motor in Neutral ?
Would not fire. tried to fire it at the dock and i would not turn over fast enough to hit up.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Perfectmix
So was there waterin the oil? How about the oil filter? Did you cut it apart and was there metalic substance? Hopefully not catastrophic and just a good refresh will get you back in business. On the brighter side at least you found this before spring and are able to have things fixed for next season. You will also know exactly what you have when this is done. Good Luck man!
Well i took the filter off cut it apart and nothing it was clean. No metal or pieces of silicone nothing! Good news is i picked a couple 370 MAG motors that i am having worked on. One is complete and one needs a pair of rectangle port heads one head is cracked
Although i knew that when i bought them. I will keep everyone posted as i get more info.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Registered

Well here is a couple pics of the motors i took out. the second pic shows the rusted spark plug in the cylinder that i think went bad. looks like it has been that way awhile. I just cannot believe the rust on these.

To top it all off I bought some 370's from a guy that told me that one motor needs work the other runs perfect. WELL took them to my builder each motor had burnt pistons. Felice figured well since the cylinders were scored so bad lets bore them. Well the blocks, rods are GREAT now i have a pair of 462's. Went to check the heads. And more bad news the set of rectangles that were suppose to be good are cracked This is going to be a LONG LONG winter. Man am i just pissed right now.
Attached Thumbnails First Run ....Not So Good-330s-007.jpg   First Run ....Not So Good-330s-004.jpg  
Old 10-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Registered

and you say you had this boat surveyed ??
Old 10-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CB I am sorry to hear this, what a pain

Quick Reply: First Run ....Not So Good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.