Formula

Who does the best canvas work ?

Old 10-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who does the best canvas work ?

Hey guys,

I need to get some quotes on a full mooring cover and a camper/ bimini cover for my 311. I was wondering if anyone has a good source somewhere from Rochester to Syracuse to 1000 isles. Looking for quality work so it will last and price if I have to travel outside Rochester area.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff
Old 10-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Registered

A guy that I went to school with, and who did some good work for me once can be found here. http://www.customcovercentral.com/
Yes, his internet site needs help. Tell him a Livingston sent you, he'll know who it is.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Jeff,
McGee Canvas in Brewerton has always been known for very good canvas work. However, they've also always been known for expensive work.

There are a ton of cnavas shops between you and me, almost too many to pick from.

Sometimes you can find originals in perfect shape online and on eBay, I did.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Registered

Axa,
What's the name of our GUY from down your way?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Larry the Canvas "Guy" or Top of the Line Canvas Express.
He is VERY good and reasonable.

Larry Bronson
607-849-6006

Tell him Dave Powell Sent you!

Dave
Old 10-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by axapowell
Larry the Canvas "Guy" or Top of the Line Canvas Express.
He is VERY good and reasonable.

Larry Bronson
607-849-6006

Tell him Dave Powell Sent you!

Dave
Hey Dave,

I think I met this guy at the launch at Kewatin (not sure how to spell that ) state park. Does that sound possible ? Does he do interiors as well because when we met he was looking at my boat and couldn't believe it was orignal. He had mentioned he has done alot of perfomance boats on the river.
Thanks for the lead I will give him a call.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Hey Jeff,
McGee Canvas in Brewerton has always been known for very good canvas work. However, they've also always been known for expensive work.

There are a ton of cnavas shops between you and me, almost too many to pick from.

Sometimes you can find originals in perfect shape online and on eBay, I did.
Hey Dave,

Thanks for the lead as well .... I think this guy travels to where ever the job is. Is the guy just off 81 beside the Marina and trailer place? If so a couple of the guys I know said he does a great job as well.
I have a guy in our "backyard" named Steve's Custom Canvas nice work but expensive.
I have 2 cockpit covers that are mint that came with the boat but my full mooring cover is shot .... for all I know it is the orginal.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Carrie Covers ?

Any of you guys know of anyone or have you used "Carrie Covers" products? I contacted them and they sent me a package with 2 types of covers .... 1) strickly a overnight "poker run" cover very light weight. 2) an all weather cover.

Jeff
Old 10-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by slivings
A guy that I went to school with, and who did some good work for me once can be found here. http://www.customcovercentral.com/
Yes, his internet site needs help. Tell him a Livingston sent you, he'll know who it is.
Thanks for the lead ..... You are right about the web site . I hope his work is better then his web site. it must be a 315er thing ...... lol just kidd'en ..........

Thanks again

Jeff
Old 10-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Hey Jeff,
McGee Canvas in Brewerton has always been known for very good canvas work. However,

More like McGoo, that arse made a mess out of the cockpit cover on my less than week old Velocity, and when asked what he was going to do to make it right his answer was he would make me a new one and give me a big deal few hundred off. Something like a grand for a cover he claimed he would normally charge 1300 for, back years ago when it wasn't worth half that to do. I would cover the boat with a blue poly tarp before I'd ever let that worthless POS ever touch a boat of mine again. I don't think there is a marina left up in our area that will even let him in the yard anymore.

My choice would be "Larry the Canvas Guy" as Axa said. He's very talented, straight up, reasonable, and stands behind what he does. Unlike Mr. McGoo.

Quick Reply: Who does the best canvas work ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.