Notices
Formula

Iboat mooring covers

Old 01-26-2008, 06:48 AM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iboat mooring covers

I'm just wondering if anyone has purchased a mooring cover from Iboat. If so which one, and hows the fit. They seem to have a good selection, and great prices.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:22 AM
Registered

Mine is the red aqua shield, very happy with the fit, haven't trailered with it yet. They are made by Carver Covers specific to the boat. Best thing is they weigh a third of what the factory covers do.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 5PMSMWHR
Mine is the red aqua shield, very happy with the fit, haven't trailered with it yet. They are made by Carver Covers specific to the boat. Best thing is they weigh a third of what the factory covers do.

You have any pictures of the cover on the boat??? Put'em up here.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FRMULTR
I'm just wondering if anyone has purchased a mooring cover from Iboat. If so which one, and hows the fit. They seem to have a good selection, and great prices.
Hey,

I purchased one in the fall for my 311 and it fitted very well, they use a term "like a shower cap" it fits great for a semi custom cover. I got in a "outdura" fabric which is equal to Sunbrella apparently. My buddy liked it so much he bought the exact same thing a week later.

good luck ....

Jeff
Old 01-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

It seems now that the fabrics are made by Shoremaster, I'm just wondering which fabric to get. My last cover was a vinyl type material, it kept the water out good, but beat up the gel coat as it is exposed to alot of wind. I think the Sunbrella might be a better choice.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:05 AM
Registered

OK, HOLD that thread..... it appears that the Iboats.com link for mooring covers has changed to a different company. It now goes to Westland covers, not what I purchased last year. Dug through the files and found my receipt. The Carver cover I got was from boatcoversdirect.com, it is a styled to fit boat cover, 97-03 Fastech 353, and the material is 8oz. solution dyed polyguard. In red, the cost was $575 delivered. Check out their website for material details.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

5PM, how do you think the cover will hold up in the wind. I'm not planning on using it for trailering, but plan on covering the boat with it while its on the lift. The shock cord in the hem concerns me a little, I'd rather have a drawstring. Also,did you order any of the adjustable poles and vents. Thanks for your input.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Registered

My experience with the cover is limited as it's currently providing dust protection while the boat is in winter storage. I will say it is a quality well fitting cover though. I've humped the factory sunbrella version and i can understand why a lot of people never take the time to use it. The engineer in me says that as snug as the fit is, you won't have a lot of issues in the wind. Once I get out of inside storage I plan to keep the full cover on until I put it in it's slip (about 6-8 weeks).