Gettin wet?

Notices
Formula

Gettin wet?

Old 03-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gettin wet?

Spring is approaching quickly. Weather is already starting to warm up here in the Northeast. Thought I would start a thread giving everyone the opportunity to brag about when their tentative splash in date is? If your in already, some of us are very jealous.

I'm shooting for April 19th,if the weather cooperates.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took our first trip about 6 weeks ago, and been going every sunday since Some of them are a little chilly but overall the weekend weather has been pretty good here
Scott
Old 03-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

As bad as the weather is here, May 3rd is my guess, I'll keep my fingers crossed for that date, of course that doesn't take in the prospects of flooding, in my area. I hate winter!!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe May 10th, weather permitting. (Also dependent on getting the boat put back together - see "Project....382" thread.)
Old 03-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Registered

Giving it till the end of March then taking off the shrinkwrap. After that, lower the lift and fire her up.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm shooting to improve on my traditional July 4th weekend launch date this year, weather permitting of course. Don't want to get in the way of the Seaway icebreaker up here on the St. Lawrence River.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=RaggedEdge;2473728]I'm shooting to improve on my traditional July 4th weekend launch date this year, weather permitting of course. Don't want to get in the way of the Seaway icebreaker up here on the St. Lawrence River.[/QUOTE

Ragged,
Half of our season is already over by then ..... Lets get that big bad beak boat of yours out in May and start burn'in the hour meter.
Or is it a Fountain thing can only use it half a season .....

LOL ...... LOL ......
Just kidding Peter ......

Jeff
Old 03-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

[QUOTE=got twins ?;

Ragged,
Half of our season is already over by then ..... Lets get that big bad beak boat of yours out in May and start burn'in the hour meter.
Or is it a Fountain thing can only use it half a season .....

LOL ...... LOL ......
Just kidding Peter ......

Jeff[/QUOTE]

Just for the benefit of the Boathouse Gang, last few years spring / early summer have been rather f'd up for me. Last year was a real bust, put it in early July, sold it Labor Day weekend. Not planning on doing that this year, but you never know. In reality I see a real early start to this comming season. I Need to get some seat time and prop testing done in this new one, so that I'm ready for whatever, or whoever, comes along .

Actually I'm waiting to see when Axa and 5PM are going to launch, then get in an hour before so they can't bust on me all summer.

Now I'm thinking that you should be able to cover as much distance in half a season in a Fountain as you could cover in a whole season in a , well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, one of them other boats.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 03-06-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered

4th of July is late to drop her in. The season is basically over. So what if you get a few goosebumps out there, isn't that the joy of boating. I'll be out of town in a couple weeks for a week. I'm hoping the first weekend in April is nice enough that I can undo the tarp and begin prepping her for the season ahead. This is my first season with her, so the first sunny semi-warm day in April, she's going to be floating.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Registered

What is al this talk abouty putting the boat up for winter

I love the south

Quick Reply: Gettin wet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.