Anchor that Fits - 353 storage bin >

Anchor that Fits - 353 storage bin

Notices
Formula

Anchor that Fits - 353 storage bin

Old 03-15-2008, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You people don't understand boating, I enjoy watching Kitty heading over the windshield and bending over to retreive the anchor. That's part of the experience.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 5PMSMWHR
You people don't understand boating, I enjoy watching Kitty heading over the windshield and bending over to retreive the anchor. That's part of the experience.
Me too.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Me too.
My anchor fits great on someone elses boat ..... raft onto somebody and you don't have to worry about any of this.

Just kidd'in .....

I used velcro to secure the anchor in rear storage area and I keep my anchor line and chain in a duffel bag. When it comes time to use it I do the same as Rippem ... throw it off the side and walk it to the bow. Best part is the rest of the line is contained in the bag ..... no mess, no scratches ... nothing to trip on.

Jeff
Old 03-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered

Thanks for all of the input, I was Looking at the Box Anchor's will they fit in the front? I believe they come with a bag and might work well up there. We usually dock in about 3-4' of water for the day so I just wanted to keep it simple and up front if I can. Hopefully someone knows about the Box Anchor. By the way 200' of 5/8" Double braided nylon should be enough, Correct?
Old 03-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sneaky Fast
We usually dock in about 3-4' of water for the day so I just wanted to keep it simple and up front if I can. Hopefully someone knows about the Box Anchor. By the way 200' of 5/8" Double braided nylon should be enough, Correct?
In 4' of water? I think you'll squeeze by ......
Old 03-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by offthefront
Dont know it would be worth the effort but what about storing the line/chain in the locker and then uncpl the anchor to be stored elswhere? No wet line in the boat ....
That's exactly what we do! Keep all the line in the locker on the bow and a Fortress FX-11 in the port side storage. Use a large stainless steel spring clip that stays connected to the end of the anchor line. Wifey handles the light weight Fortress just fine (like 5PM says, it's part of the experience!). When pulling anchor she hands it to me and if it needs any cleaning I just walk on back to the swim platform and clean it off. Keep the wet sloppy line in the locker! Use a FX-7 for a stern anchor. Have to deal with a pretty good current on the mighty Miss!
Old 03-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Jeff, I keep the BIG one contained in a canvas bag also...

the smaller set-up that's used often is stored loose under the backseat. I have a blanket of 3" memory foam left from the mattress project down across the entire compartment.

anchor(s) has never moved and have never had a problem with the line drying out as the compartment is not air-tight and engine heat also contibutes. Never moldy, never stinky in there.

If part of the "experience" is watching someone (regardless of the view) drop an anchor just once on the deck...
I'll skip it.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
If part of the "experience" is watching someone (regardless of the view) drop an anchor just once on the deck...
I'll skip it.

Reminds me of the first day we met,,,,,,,,,,,, got a little tipsy and played air guitar on Rippem's deck.

Everybody is like "dude, I can't believe you walked on Randy's deck, he doesn't like that at all!!!!!"

It was fun and funny, if I'd known you were that anal, I certainly wouldn't hopped on your deck.

On second thought, I was cruisin' on alcohol so,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I wouldn't have cared even if I did know!!!

That was a good day Randy, had a blast and I won't forget it.

Edit: I think we were diggin' a little of your Montrose, right?
Old 03-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

drop/throw it over the side, or off the stern and come around to it or walk the line forward.

drop/throw it over the side and back down from it/past it if your trying to stern into a spot.

all it takes is a little planning.

Just the way I drop anchor as well.

I'll skip it.
Saw this happen too, and the boat's owner wnated to kill the guy that did it. No Thanks.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirdBird

Reminds me of the first day we met,,,,,,,,,,,, got a little tipsy and played air guitar on Rippem's deck.

Everybody is like "dude, I can't believe you walked on Randy's deck, he doesn't like that at all!!!!!"

It was fun and funny, if I'd known you were that anal, I certainly wouldn't hopped on your deck.

On second thought, I was cruisin' on alcohol so,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I wouldn't have cared even if I did know!!!

That was a good day Randy, had a blast and I won't forget it.

Edit: I think we were diggin' a little of your Montrose, right?
it wasn't so much the guitar performance...you were barefoot and that's cool...
knowing how much wax was out there, it was the thought of the blood clean-up or finding something to splint your fracture if you went down.
Attached Thumbnails Anchor that Fits - 353 storage bin-100_0312.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anchor that Fits - 353 storage bin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.