Formula

Ladder dimensions or manufacturer

Old 04-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ladder dimensions or manufacturer

Hi All,

I have a '98 252 SS with the two step swim platform ladder. Well, once again the mounting brackets have failed. (which could be a big hint on starting that diet!)

I saw a '07 292 FasTec yesterday, and it has a three step ladder, and it looks like it might fit as a replacement for my two step, but of course I didn't have a tape measure with me.

Does anyone know the folded dimensions of the three step ladder? Or does anyone know who makes the ladders? Or, lastly, where I can find some replacement mounting brackets? I don't think mine will take another trip to the welder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Bob
Old 04-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Registered

You can give Formula a call and talk to TAG and they could tell you the sizes of the ladders and if it would fit your boat.
If you call ask for Kerry Davis he has been there forever and knows alot about the older boats.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by selpel
If you call ask for Kerry Davis he has been there forever and knows alot about the older boats.

'98 252 is now considered and "older boat" that needs someone who's been around forever???

Wow, mines' a friggin' antique then.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Registered

Yeah, how long has Daryl been there? Someone needs to do a brain scan on him and back it up on DVD. He's been a great resource on our antique SR-1s.

Oh, and I second the motion to contact Formula's Technical Assistance Group. If you're lucky they'll come back with manufacturer info. But usually you'll get just a Formula part number. Then get hold of one of the great dealers on here and seek a little more help.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 292's have a three step telescoping ladder, it doesn't fold up. I don't know much about the 252's so can't tell you if it were to fit or not. I can take a look at mine tonigth and tell you who the manufacture is.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the info folks!

And yes Split, you are correct, it is a telescoping ladder on the new ones, my bad on that. It folds over into the recess, but its really a telescoping ladder. It looks like its way better than my older style and I hope it will fit.

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Registered

Anewway, I did not mean your 1998 252 is old, I meant that with all the changes that Formula has been going thru the last 5 years or so that someone that has been in tag for a long time would be helpful. If they give you a part number and you need to order thru a dealer give me a holler I will help all I can.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
'98 252 is now considered and "older boat" that needs someone who's been around forever???

Wow, mines' a friggin' antique then.
I have several boats for sale that are as old as yours and they are STILL one of the most popular boats Formula ever made.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No worries selpel! I didn't take it that way at all. Believe me, if I could own a new one I would, but this was the one I could afford.

I spoke to a Daryl at Formula, and he sent me the engineering drawing of the new ladder, but of course the only dimension not listed is the stowed dimension. But, he also told me that the ladder is a custom job made by Windline. I have called them to see if they can get me the stowed dimension, and they are supposed to be calling me back on that.

Daryl said they don't have a part number built up for the brackets, but that he knows he can get them for me if the complete ladder doesn't work out. I would love to have three steps instead of two if possible, but if not, such is life.

Oh, and thanks for the offer, I might take you up on that if I need to order something!
Old 04-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

quick update for those who may be interested, it does sound like its going to fit, so I have one on the way direct from Windline. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: Ladder dimensions or manufacturer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.