BlackJack is Home...

Notices
Formula

BlackJack is Home...

Old 05-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Default BlackJack is Home...

After buying it almost two months ago, I was finally able to pick the boat up from it's off-season storage. Luckily, we had a nice day to wash her up and start getting her ready for the water. Engine sounds great...the former owner really took care of this boat. Now I'm just waiting for UPS to deliver my Leverage polish and I can get to work on that.

One of the best things I got was a huge, 4" thick red binder with all the factory equipment information in it -- I'm sure that will come in handy at some point.

The only major thing I have to do is upgrade the sound system. It has a nice Alpine head unit, but the seller kept the kicker subwoofer boxes he had in the side storage and two amps as well. What's left sounds OK, but I think I'll need to add another amp, subwoofers and at least two more speakers...

Hopefully I can get in the water next weekend.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking boat....
Old 05-05-2008, 06:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 369 Likes on 248 Posts

looks clean!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Registered

Love the old school classic lines of the earlier Formulas,,,,sweet looking boat. Is that an Alpha or a Bravo hanging off the back?
Old 05-05-2008, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick02
Love the old school classic lines of the earlier Formulas,,,,sweet looking boat. Is that an Alpha or a Bravo hanging off the back?
Thanks to all. Slick, it is an Alpha - '87 was the only year they had the 454Mag-330hp / Alpha combo. With that output, it's not too hard on the drive...other guys tell me they have had no problems with Alphas, even up to 400hp - as long as you don't crush the throttle out of the hole... Just the same, I was thinking of adding a drive shower, to be on the safe side.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Good looking boat I remember that one for sale. I have the alpha on my 87 now problems yet.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:30 AM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

looks great, nice color combo
Old 05-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice! Looks like you bought well.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

nice. love the colors!
Old 05-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BlackJack58
After buying it almost two months ago, I was finally able to pick the boat up from it's off-season storage. Luckily, we had a nice day to wash her up and start getting her ready for the water. Engine sounds great...the former owner really took care of this boat. Now I'm just waiting for UPS to deliver my Leverage polish and I can get to work on that.

One of the best things I got was a huge, 4" thick red binder with all the factory equipment information in it -- I'm sure that will come in handy at some point.

The only major thing I have to do is upgrade the sound system. It has a nice Alpine head unit, but the seller kept the kicker subwoofer boxes he had in the side storage and two amps as well. What's left sounds OK, but I think I'll need to add another amp, subwoofers and at least two more speakers...

Hopefully I can get in the water next weekend.

Blackjack,

Congrats ..............

Your new boat looks awesome !!! I am partial the black hulled formulas myself.

Good luck !!!!

Jeff

Quick Reply: BlackJack is Home...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.