Finally starting to feel like summer!

Notices
Formula

Finally starting to feel like summer!

Old 05-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sotapop20
WOW!!! You're right, not cheap by any means. That's a lot of tanks of gas. But, you're happy with the boat and that is what matters most.

Did you ever consider trading in the 292 for a 353 where the K-Planes come standard on the boat?
Thanks. No, didn't consider it. The 292 purchase is for the long haul. I don't plan on trading or selling for a loooong time. Spent 2-years researching (and saving) before spending that kind of cash. I tried really hard to get Formula to put K-planes on it, but they wouldn't budge. I AM very happy with the Latham steering that was factory installed. The size of the 292 works great for us. Towing is a breeze, it fits in my shop, fits my 32' slip at the marina, and is plenty big for the water we run. Eventually new power will go into her and we will start having some real fun!
Old 05-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Thanks. No, didn't consider it. The 292 purchase is for the long haul. I don't plan on trading or selling for a loooong time. Spent 2-years researching (and saving) before spending that kind of cash. I tried really hard to get Formula to put K-planes on it, but they wouldn't budge. I AM very happy with the Latham steering that was factory installed. The size of the 292 works great for us. Towing is a breeze, it fits in my shop, fits my 32' slip at the marina, and is plenty big for the water we run. Eventually new power will go into her and we will start having some real fun!

Awesome....Maybe, I'll see you this summer if you do Lake of the Ozarks. I'll be there August 28th-September 2nd. I'll have the '08 292 with Hot Rod Red graphics.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Most of our boating is on the Mississippi. That is where the marina is where we keep it. If we hit the Lake during that time frame I will definitely let you know. So is Formula building your boat now? The graphics look great! That will be one unique 292!! What options did you go with? Definitely post some pictures. I want to see that package in the water!
Attached Thumbnails Finally starting to feel like summer!-pic.jpg  
Old 05-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Sota, when's your new boat supposed to be in, can't wait to see it. Did you take the EMI'S off your old, ( I guess I shouldn't say old, sense its so new) boat?
Old 05-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Registered

Most of our boating is on the Mississippi. That is where the marina is where we keep it. If we hit the Lake during that time frame I will definitely let you know. So is Formula building your boat now? The graphics look great! That will be one unique 292!! What options did you go with? Definitely post some pictures. I want to see that package in the water!

Yes, Formula is just wrapping up the final touches on the new boat now. The wife and I did the factory tour a few weeks back and saw the boat in production. It was truly a sight to see if you haven't. I should be taking delivery within the next week and a half. Options include: Hot Rod Red Platinum Graphics, Merc. 6.2's, mechanical trim/drive indicators, Captain's Call Exhaust, upgraded Kenwood stereo, & stainless docking lights.

As of 05/16/2008, Kerry from Formula, informed me that I have the ONLY Hot Rod Graphic 292 produced to date. Let's keep it that way gentleman. I need my resale to be strong.

FRMULTR, as part of the new boat deal, I worked out a deal with Bald Knob to swap out my EMI Thunder exhaust and install on new 292 when it arrives.

I'll try to post pics when ready.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Registered

Please let us know how she runs with those EMI's after the break-in period. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2008, 03:41 PM

very cool sota, can't wait to see pics!! I know what ya mean about haveing the only boat with the graphics you chose! I hope Mine is the only all white onwe that they build, other then race boats of course!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:24 PM

Here is where they are located. You want to have it positioned forward so the cylinder can pull the drive further in. That is the standard position for a Bravo One, but Formula elected (as least on mine) to swap it probably for safety reasons. Just don't crank the wheel at speed or in a following sea with the drives tucked in all the way!

Let us know how the rough water ride compares to your other 'ride'. Supposed to be in the mid-80's this weekend and we hope to get on the river. Have a good one!!

Made the change today and now when fully tucked, the drives look normal. I can understand the safety thing...last weekend I started into a turn the way I used to in my Fountin and this hull did not like that...felt like I was in a rear wheel drive car on ice.... amazing the difference going from a single engine to twin and from a single step to twin step!!
Old 05-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Registered

Default It is officially summer!

Got the boat in the water Friday. Who needs any stinkin' boat ramps! Most in our area were closed. I got up the nerve to have it slung in at the marina. All went smooth, but I have to say the feeling of seeing her hanging out there is a bit unsettling! Spent Saturday and Sunday dodging storms, but overall it was a great time and nice to get back out on the river.
Attached Thumbnails Finally starting to feel like summer!-sling-pic.jpg  
Old 05-26-2008, 05:41 PM

Got the boat in the water Friday. Who needs any stinkin' boat ramps! Most in our area were closed. I got up the nerve to have it slung in at the marina. All went smooth, but I have to say the feeling of seeing her hanging out there is a bit unsettling! Spent Saturday and Sunday dodging storms, but overall it was a great time and nice to get back out on the river.
Cool, glad you had a gerat weekend, weather here was...well CHIT!!!!

Quick Reply: Finally starting to feel like summer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.