Finally starting to feel like summer!

Notices
Formula

Finally starting to feel like summer!

Old 05-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Got the boat in the water Friday. Who needs any stinkin' boat ramps! Most in our area were closed. I got up the nerve to have it slung in at the marina. All went smooth, but I have to say the feeling of seeing her hanging out there is a bit unsettling! Spent Saturday and Sunday dodging storms, but overall it was a great time and nice to get back out on the river.
How was the river this weekend? The wind had the lake pretty rough (for my boat anyway)
Old 05-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Had a great day on the Chain on Sunday, Saturday was a bust. Was going out again on Monday but opted for yard work, gotta get that chit out of the way. Lift is going in tommorrow, I can't stand ramping, to many meatheads.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Shameless
Cool, glad you had a gerat weekend, weather here was...well CHIT!!!!
Thanks. The weather here wasn't much better, mostly cool and windy with some serious spot storms on Sunday. The river current is moving at a pretty good clip, so we just rafted off and floated a lot, and it sux still having to wear sweat-shirts. Jeez, isn't it almost June already?!! Saturday evening/night was the best. Wind stopped, sun came out for a good sunset and warm-up. Two of my brothers have boats in the same marina and, after the boats were put-up for the night, we had a great BBQ at the marina and the beer really got flowing!
Old 05-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by h2oboy
How was the river this weekend? The wind had the lake pretty rough (for my boat anyway)
I can imagine the lake got rough! Actually got in to some pretty rough water on the river Saturday, which as you know is rare. We ran up to the Winfield dam and rafted off, floating down the river. By the time we got to around Hat Island the wind REALLY picked up and was blowing straight up the river. Started white capping and the waves/rollers started building in the current. We had to untie the boats and the wind and waves kept building. Had a blast running down river to around Iowa Island. Maybe 1-1/2 to 2 footer which made it fun running 60+mph. My brothers didn't like it as much though...

The river level was dropping about a foot a day, until we got a bunch of rain Sunday night and Monday. Now it is on the way up for a brief period. Debri in the main channel was minimal Sat. and Sun., but in the sloughs you had to keep an eye out.

Last edited by 4mulafastech; 05-26-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FRMULTR
Had a great day on the Chain on Sunday, Saturday was a bust. Was going out again on Monday but opted for yard work, gotta get that chit out of the way. Lift is going in tommorrow, I can't stand ramping, to many meatheads.
Good that you made it out one day. I know what you mean about ramping with the meatheads, and getting that yard work out of the way!!
Old 05-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Shameless;2561452]
Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Thanks guys!

Shame, glad to see you got it in the water! I know it had to be especially tough waiting to get her out for the first time. How did everything go?

QUOTE]

Everything was great!!! I am very envious of you now with you K-planes and latham steering. First uprade, K-planes!!! The bennets are just plane stupid in this boat. I took off the labbed 28's and have stock 26's on the boat. Still had some bow rise getting on plane and some blow-out, but still planed quicker then my Fountain and had great acceleration!! Depending on which direction I was going on the river, cruising speed at 3600 rpms was 10-15 mph then my Fountain was!!!! Yes, 10-15 mph!!! I did not open her up, still have less then 2 hours on it. But what I did do, I could not have been more happy!!!!!

Hey Shameless, Just curious to know if you have opened her up yet with the 26's and what type of top end GPS speed you saw vs. the stock labbed 28's?

Theoretically, to obtain a high top end speed, 26P potentially will not be as good as 28P.

Like every performance guru, I'm looking for that little edge over the next guy.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:32 PM

[QUOTE=sotapop20;2571540]

Hey Shameless, Just curious to know if you have opened her up yet with the 26's and what type of top end GPS speed you saw vs. the stock labbed 28's?

Theoretically, to obtain a high top end speed, 26P potentially will not be as good as 28P.

Like every performance guru, I'm looking for that little edge over the next guy.

I opened her up for about 10 seconds...so not enough time to get full potential out of Brvo 1, but I did see 68 mph. My props need to be matched in the worst way, one only pulled 5030 rpms and the other pulled 5170. Now, I only had 2 hours on teh motors when I did this, thus the quick back off on her, plus after talking to Throttle up, I should see another 100 rpms after break in time. I have not run the labbed 28's, but I will do that if weather permits this weekend. So, I am going to wait a bit until I get the 26's worked, but knowing my friends at Throttle up, I can bet they will have my 26's performing as well as the 28's without thinning any blades...
Old 05-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Shameless;2571572]
Originally Posted by sotapop20

I opened her up for about 10 seconds...so not enough time to get full potential out of Brvo 1, but I did see 68 mph. My props need to be matched in the worst way, one only pulled 5030 rpms and the other pulled 5170. Now, I only had 2 hours on teh motors when I did this, thus the quick back off on her, plus after talking to Throttle up, I should see another 100 rpms after break in time. I have not run the labbed 28's, but I will do that if weather permits this weekend. So, I am going to wait a bit until I get the 26's worked, but knowing my friends at Throttle up, I can bet they will have my 26's performing as well as the 28's without thinning any blades...

Yeah, Julie at Throttle Up is great. Throttle Up labbed my Bravo III props on my Cobalt and I gained 3 mph over stock with her advice.

I talked to Mercury Racing about prop slip and also Formula on initial R&D results of the 292 and both stated to me that the 292 saw higher top end speeds running the 28's. However, the 26's will definately be better for out-of-the-hole performance and mid-range. Running the 28's will lower your RPM's for sure over the 26's, but I'm curious about what the WOT top-end speed will be between the two sizes.

I have a pair of EMI Thunder's on my 6.2's, so this raises RPM's by about 200-300 RPM. I too would run 26's to test out on the boat, but since the increase in RPM's I need to run the 28's to prevent from hitting rev-limiter.

Keep us updated on which, in your opinion, is a better pitch prop for the 292 and what numbers you see after your testing.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:31 AM

[QUOTE=sotapop20;2571779]

Yeah, Julie at Throttle Up is great. Throttle Up labbed my Bravo III props on my Cobalt and I gained 3 mph over stock with her advice.

I talked to Mercury Racing about prop slip and also Formula on initial R&D results of the 292 and both stated to me that the 292 saw higher top end speeds running the 28's. However, the 26's will definately be better for out-of-the-hole performance and mid-range. Running the 28's will lower your RPM's for sure over the 26's, but I'm curious about what the WOT top-end speed will be between the two sizes.

I have a pair of EMI Thunder's on my 6.2's, so this raises RPM's by about 200-300 RPM. I too would run 26's to test out on the boat, but since the increase in RPM's I need to run the 28's to prevent from hitting rev-limiter.

Keep us updated on which, in your opinion, is a better pitch prop for the 292 and what numbers you see after your testing.

I will keep ya posted!!