292 Outdrives....

Notices
Formula

292 Outdrives....

Old 05-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 292 Outdrives....

Just wondering what fellow 292 owners are setting their drives at when WOT?

I'll trim to about 6.5 and get 70 GPS. Tabs all the way up.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 292 is a twin stepped hull unlike a "traditional Vee" you do not want to over or under trim them.A stepped hull should be run after coming off plane at "Neutral" trim this is the imaginary line from the bottom of the first step to the transom.The drives should be in line parallel with this line.If the boat has to much negative trim the can spin in a turn as the transom will be lifted,to much positive and you will go slower and be very loose
Old 05-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
The 292 is a twin stepped hull unlike a "traditional Vee" you do not want to over or under trim them.A stepped hull should be run after coming off plane at "Neutral" trim this is the imaginary line from the bottom of the first step to the transom.The drives should be in line parallel with this line.If the boat has to much negative trim the can spin in a turn as the transom will be lifted,to much positive and you will go slower and be very loose

I heard that the 292's do not like any positive trim. I have mechanical trim indicators on my boat so with the drives all the way in, or down full, my indicator will read 0. With the drives set at 10, the drives will be all the way out, or full trim.

I've had them set at 6.5, which I think is too much and the boat ends up getting squirley in the ass end. Would you recommend setting drives at WOT to about 4 or 4.5 to reach optimum top speed?
Old 05-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sotapop20
I heard that the 292's do not like any positive trim. I have mechanical trim indicators on my boat so with the drives all the way in, or down full, my indicator will read 0. With the drives set at 10, the drives will be all the way out, or full trim.

I've had them set at 6.5, which I think is too much and the boat ends up getting squirley in the ass end. Would you recommend setting drives at WOT to about 4 or 4.5 to reach optimum top speed?
Its not about just were to put the drives you have to understand how the hull works so you can adapt quickly to changing water conditions email me and I will send you my phone #.I will try to help but you might want to think about taking Tres class.I did not but I had a very good teacher.
Wear you vest and kill switches 292s are fun to drive but the can be a handful at wot sometimes
Old 05-19-2008, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Using a level, adjust your trailer so the bottom of the hull is level. Then trim you drives level using the level on the cavitation plate. Note the number on the mechanical indicator and that is the ideal trim in most cases. As ED stated, this is neutral trim.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Using a level, adjust your trailer so the bottom of the hull is level. Then trim you drives level using the level on the cavitation plate. Note the number on the mechanical indicator and that is the ideal trim in most cases. As ED stated, this is neutral trim.

This helps, 4mulafastech. I'll be noting the changes as you stated this weekend before I launch the boat. Thanks!