Axius. Anyone have it?

Notices
Formula

Axius. Anyone have it?

Old 08-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by selpel
Thats great... I will be at the Shoot-Out because we are showing a 382 Fas-Tech and an 09 350SS on display at Captain Rons parking lot during the event! Also will have a bunch of Sea Doo`s there and the new 255hp RXT-X WOW................Stop by and say Hi!..........
Are you going to be there Friday - I think we are going there for lunch. Not sure if I will be able to find a parking place for the boat on Saturday, but we can try.

Jass - when are you and Sandy going to trailer Colette's center console up to LOTO? You need to make the trip anyway!
Old 08-22-2008, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

I think its all great......but......just learn how to dock your boat without all the tech...sorry. Its not all that hard
Old 08-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fossil fuel
I think its all great......but......just learn how to dock your boat without all the tech...sorry. Its not all that hard
People are always telling me that so I tried to dock it without the axius and I will definately say that using the Axius makes it so much easier to dock it.

I let my neighbor who has been boating for 25 years try it and refuses to use it so most seasoned boaters are reluctant to use it.

I even managed to hold it steady right next to another boat that I was tying up to it in rough water. I cant even imagine how anyone can hold a boat steady while slowly creeping sideways toward an anchored boat in rough water and wind without the joystick.

For me it saves my boat from damage and doesn't cause me to sweat the docking
Old 08-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I agree CMC. It's nice to have the option of docking your boat old school, but in tight quarters with wind etc, I want Axius.....especially with my limited deckhands (wife, two young daughters).

When are you going to get the 40ss so I can buy yours??
Old 06-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Registered

Well a year later and with the latest updates my axius boat still sucks wind. Man I want my money back for this boat.

Mentalpause, wth the latest updates you have no problems? If so I got a serious lemon here. Anyone else with Axius trouble?..I can't be the only one.

First the marina returns my boat and tells me my pump is worn out even though they took it for the winter with no problems..$900.00. Then they return the boat , apply the updates and I go to start it and its dead.

Jump start it and drive for 10 minutes and my trim gauges go wild. Dock it and 30 minutes later the port motor doesnt start. Many many error codes and they take the boat back to the marina. Meantime I have no boat again for the 15th time

Formula has to stop blaming Mercury..you sold me the boat and collected my money.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered

cmcjo-

How do you like your 350 ss other than the troubles with the Axis system? How does it handle rough water? I currently have a Cigarette Bullet that rides well, but looking to get more into the cruiser without loosing too much speed or ride.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I had the Axius updates applied last October. Everything has always worked perfect, even before the updates. They added the auto pilot in the fall and it has worked perfect. A couple weeks ago the local dealer was supposed to activate the skyhook. I have not been back down since that got activated, so hopefully it didn't screw anything up.

But up until now the system has worked perfectly. And personally I love the 350.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DORaymond
cmcjo-

How do you like your 350 ss other than the troubles with the Axis system? How does it handle rough water? I currently have a Cigarette Bullet that rides well, but looking to get more into the cruiser without loosing too much speed or ride.
350 SS rides nice. It takes the bay chop pretty well. I took it in the Ocean only once and it did really good as well.
Cruising at 50 will suck the gas though. Lets trade!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Registered

The Bullet sucks the gas too!

So I guess you are saying the 35ss is more of a bay boat? Is it rough on crossing boat wakes?
Old 06-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DORaymond
The Bullet sucks the gas too!

So I guess you are saying the 35ss is more of a bay boat? Is it rough on crossing boat wakes?
No it crosses wakes perfectly. Its a cross between a sport and a cruiser. And it does fine in the ocean it's just getting through that Barnegat inlet for a beginner boater is a challenge

Quick Reply: Axius. Anyone have it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.