Axius. Anyone have it?

Notices
Formula

Axius. Anyone have it?

Old 06-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axius. Anyone have it?

Anyone here with Axius on their Formula?

Just wanted to see how its going for you
Old 06-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Registered

from what I've heard from some of the techs I know, they work good on the diesels but have been having some problems with the gas motors, merc has had to reprogram the computers on everyone they have delivered.

I guess they have problems when it is put into the docking mode for windy conditions if I remember correctly.

Last edited by RonS; 06-22-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

First reports weren't so good...:Axius Problems
Old 06-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Registered

Yeah C Spray I was the one that started that thread. I didnt really want to revive that thread and I was told to delete it.

All I have to say is there are some glitches to be had....

Good thing my family knows how to hang on. Take note of that right drive! that occured at speed

Old 06-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

I'm glad the thread is around. Consumers have the right to know what's going on.

The phrase "Not ready for prime time" springs to mind.

So, did the drive trim up on it's own, or just start steering on its own? That looks scary - hope no one was hurt!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Registered

The drive took on a mind of its own right there and decided to turn fully at speed. Luckily we were only going about 25. If it was 55 the outcome would have been allot different.

No one was seriously hurt. Thrown around a little but mostly they were scared since the boat basically spun out.

I guess another software update is coming. Maybe then they will fix the auto heading controller since they had no fix for that either. It just sits there do nothing but blinking.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Old 06-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

I got my 350 with Axius delivered last Thursday. The merc rep burned the newest version of software into it on Tuesday last week.

The current version of the software disables the auto pilot pad. I played 3 days straight with the joy stick portion last weekend without a glich. It worked perfect each time. I used mine in docking mode all the time. I liked it much better in docking mode since it further limits the RPM over non docking mode.

Once I got used to the feel for it, which took a couple days, you can spot the boat wherever you want. on the third day we went to a hamburger joint where I had about 2-3 feet clearance forward and aft along the dock - pulled up and sent it straight sideways in just a couple seconds.

I believe there will be a few more software updates in my future, but I knew that would be the case when I ordered the option. I'm glad I got it. But I probably won't be happy if something crazy happens that threatens the safety of the passengers on board!
Old 06-24-2008, 05:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I got my 350 with Axius delivered last Thursday. The merc rep burned the newest version of software into it on Tuesday last week.

The current version of the software disables the auto pilot pad. I played 3 days straight with the joy stick portion last weekend without a glich. It worked perfect each time. I used mine in docking mode all the time. I liked it much better in docking mode since it further limits the RPM over non docking mode.

Once I got used to the feel for it, which took a couple days, you can spot the boat wherever you want. on the third day we went to a hamburger joint where I had about 2-3 feet clearance forward and aft along the dock - pulled up and sent it straight sideways in just a couple seconds.

I believe there will be a few more software updates in my future, but I knew that would be the case when I ordered the option. I'm glad I got it. But I probably won't be happy if something crazy happens that threatens the safety of the passengers on board!
Congrats on the 350 man!
I got that same software that disables the auto pad more than a month ago.

Have you driven a non-axius 350? I notice an incredible difference in the steering between the axius and non axius boat. The non axius 350 has tight responsive steering while the axius has extremely loose feeling steering wheel. Can you use your pinky finger very lightly to turn your wheel without any resistance at all?
Old 06-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by cmcjo
Congrats on the 350 man!
I got that same software that disables the auto pad more than a month ago.

Have you driven a non-axius 350? I notice an incredible difference in the steering between the axius and non axius boat. The non axius 350 has tight responsive steering while the axius has extremely loose feeling steering wheel. Can you use your pinky finger very lightly to turn your wheel without any resistance at all?
I've had full hydraulic steering boats for about 10 years before this boat, so I am probably a bad judge of the feel. I did not have any issues with the feel for the steering on this boat, felt like a typical hydraulic steering boat. I did drive a non axius 350 and it felt more like the old power steering assisted cable driven boats I used to own years ago. I am not saying one feel is better or worse than the other, just saying they feel different.

So far so good - we will see when we get the new software upgrades. I boat on LOTO so will likely rarely use the auto pilot pad. So deactivation of it does not bother me much.

Have you had any more glitchy behaviors with your axius since you got the new version of the software?

Quick Reply: Axius. Anyone have it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.