Great time to buy a new Formula

Notices
Formula

Great time to buy a new Formula

Old 07-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
The Factory might be helping to move sales but a certain dealer up here is bending possible customers over.

HA HA! I was thinking the exact same thing....Rumored to be imminent management changes by the time Racine Boat Show rolls into town.

Do the newly initiated factory incentives include '08 model year boats?
Old 07-23-2008, 01:05 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

All models.08,07,whatever
Old 07-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Registered

Magifloat,

By the looks of the updated website it seems like Formula is heading away from Volvo Penta powertrains. Most models have only one V/P option and there seems to be no boats offered with a V/P 496 420hp option.

Why is that? For the past few years it seems like they were leaning more and more in favor of V/P in the cruisers bowriders and SS models. Why the reversal now?

The argument about Merc's being more universal or easier to get worked on aside (which I don't believe anyway) it seems like the sentiment among most is that V/P's are more reliable.

I know if I didn't have 525's on my brain for my 370ss I would definately go Volvo/Penta again.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Haven't checked the website but the sheet faxed me a few days ago show as many Volvos a previously offered on SS models,with the exception of the 370SS only the 375 Volvo,and on the 400SS ,no gas Volvos.Have no idea why except a lot are using Volvo diesels. Don't have the Cruiser sheets with me so can't check that. Interesting observation,thanks.Robert
Old 07-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Registered

Maybe the website is not fully in place yet, but I can't find a single V/P 8.1 GXI which I believe is the 420 hp or H.O. model, the only way to get the higher horsepower 496 is a merc, at least according to the site right now.

I also noticed that you can opt for either the Bravo III or the new seacore drive, but only the regular duoprop, not the composite DPX drive

Just seemed odd to me, maybe no big deal

Last edited by macjazzy; 07-23-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by macjazzy
Want a 370ss with 525's! Thats my dream boat right now. Still not sure even with all the factory deals I can swing it. But those deals help alot. I know it was a huge help getting me into my 330ss a few years ago.

Perhaps I'm in error Mac,but the '09 37SS does not offer the 525's. Could you special order one with those engines? If so, would the motor mounts tolerate the torque?
Old 07-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Registered

The website does not list them this year or last year. But they did for several years before that. I don't think it was a popular option as it was pretty expensive. But I have seen a few listed for sale used. I have never been on one but I have heard others say it is close to a 65mph boat. Which for that boat would be awesome.

I also know of a 400ss with 575's in it that was bought from the factory like that. Not sure if it was a regular option or if it was special ordered. The 400s is listed this year as having an option for 525'2 but I don't think it was last year. So the engines options seem to be a bit fluid.

I am assuming since they used to offer them you could probably order them if you found a dealer who would place it for you. Hopefully when I can afford it Robert would place an order for me!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sotapop20
HA HA! I was thinking the exact same thing....Rumored to be imminent management changes by the time Racine Boat Show rolls into town.

Do the newly initiated factory incentives include '08 model year boats?

Its too late, he is done with them...Said he talked to another dealer that was as straight with him as ever.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Back4More
Its too late, he is done with them...Said he talked to another dealer that was as straight with him as ever.
Try Shipyard marine in Oshkosh and Green Bay. Talk to Andy the owner. Great guy and company, that is who I bought my 292 from this year! Hands down, best buying experience I have ever had!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Registered

what kind of financing and incentives are we talking about? that portion of the Formula site just tells me "unavailable due to update"

Quick Reply: Great time to buy a new Formula

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.