Notices
Formula

new boat

Old 08-29-2008, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I've owned both, I have to disagree on one thing - the manufacturer on this list with the absolute best customer support - Sunsation. No question - no comparison.

Perhaps. Never owned a Sunsation and don't have any friends who own one. However, if the support is that good, good for you, that's a wonderful thing.

Maybe they are nice boats but the name is frickin' gay!!
Old 08-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Registered

the sun 288 is a single engine boat,
Got Twins how are you? I assume the 336 is the one that was up here for the run?? it is a very nice boat! what are your plans next week were thinking of going up to Seneca
Old 08-29-2008, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kfvintx
This is a great thread... mainly because I was going to ask the same basic question. Only difference is I'm looking at '09 292 and '08 Sunsation 288. I like both and both seem to rank high in regards to customer service.

Where I need help is justifying the price difference -- about $60k higher for the 292. Anyone have any thoughts or comments? I really like the 292 and the dealer is a good friend (friend from high school, previous boats and do business with them) but I'm not seeing $60k premium.

Please help.

Sunsation is a good middle of the road boat. Nothing specail about it in my opinion. I hang out with someone with a 288 all of the time. Formula worth the extra 60K?? Heel yeah, in a heart beat. Climb in each boat and you will clearly see the difference...drive the two and it come more appearant that the Formula is worth it! The Formula has a MUCH better ride and feel!!

Too me, the owners of Sunny are a bit too cocky, thay think they have the best on the water, act like it, but can't back it up. Just why do they have "world Champions on all of their boats? What exactly are they worls champions of?? Posers I think! There "new" P288 is their "performance" boat that is made specail by adding a bunch of decals and taking away options and you still have a boat that gps' right around 70 with a 496...nothing special...

Formula has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with and bends over backwards to help out! Plus how can you beat Formula financing?!?!?
Old 08-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 88242LS
the sun 288 is a single engine boat,
Got Twins how are you? I assume the 336 is the one that was up here for the run?? it is a very nice boat! what are your plans next week were thinking of going up to Seneca
Great how are you ..... and it is the one you saw ..... great deal for you ....

I am not sure what I am doing .... have to work Saturday ...

Jeff
Old 08-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Registered

Powerquest- beautiful, nice boats but out of business last I checked. Try getting customer service from them.

Baja- my fiance owned one. Nice boat but no comparison to a Formula.

As for the other brands, I've never been on them so I can't give you my opinion.

I'm the third owner of the Formula I now have. I called Formula for info (I can't remember what I was looking for) and received two calls from them the next day. My question had already been answered with their first call.

Last edited by sleek1; 08-29-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by got twins ?
Great how are you ..... and it is the one you saw ..... great deal for you ....

I am not sure what I am doing .... have to work Saturday ...

Jeff
I am great, to early but the wife has admited to wanting a bigger boat, i need to find a 303 or maybe a 336 painted just like mineno pink
Old 08-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Registered

Thank You everyone for your input. i am off for a formula test drive today.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered

you will love it
Old 08-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Registered

I currently own a 271 and love the way the boat rides and handles. I been on some of the other boats except the sunsation. I feel the Formula is the better of the group, but customer service on the older formula's can be frustrating. I.E couple day's to get phone call's back but, Wiring scematics and any thing i asked for i got! The only thing that I would like for formula to do is re rig the boat they DO NOT DO THAT. If you want the vinyl they can sell it to your local shop. Go for the Formula They are the Cadillacs. Bar None.

Mike J
Old 08-30-2008, 09:03 AM

Let me say too, my last boat was a Fountain which I did love, but does not hold a candle to the Formula. Fountains customer service is non existant!

Quick Reply: new boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.