Buy me out!!! >

Buy me out!!!

Notices
Formula

Buy me out!!!

Old 01-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By dealer's you mean Formula dealers..or any dealer. I have talked to A LOT recently, but for some reason they don't want my boat...I don't get it to be honest, mint condition, warranty etc;.????? They give me totally low ball numbers, hoping I'll jump....that ain't going to happen, I'm not in THAT much of a rush... if I don't sell it..I'll be very happy with it this summer

Hey Slick...buy my boat! You need another 292!!!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 08:30 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by JayFan
By dealer's you mean Formula dealers..or any dealer. I have talked to A LOT recently, but for some reason they don't want my boat...I don't get it to be honest, mint condition, warranty etc;.????? They give me totally low ball numbers, hoping I'll jump....that ain't going to happen, I'm not in THAT much of a rush... if I don't sell it..I'll be very happy with it this summer

Hey Slick...buy my boat! You need another 292!!!!!
I bought my 382 cause it was a great deal (thanks again Magicfloat!!) but I had to jump immediately and still had my 312 at the time......In order to get rid of the 312 I had to pass that great deal along to the next guy to get someone to buy that 312. If your hoping to take advantage of all the deals out there, you'll have to accept the fact that your boat isn't worth much anymore either.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Well said,Russ. Marketing 101 at it's simplest terms. A serious buyer can absolutely steal a boat from a dealer now,but the dealer will also have steal the trade in,if he will take it at all.It is a 2 way street. I gave away my 330SS recently,but the buyer had to give away his 312 trade.I guess we both lost,but we also both won.In a down market,you do whatever it takes.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Registered

I agree guys... I know my boat has depreciated.... but I just can't see losing my shirt, just because I "want" another boat. If I were Donald Trump...ok. However, I hear where you guys are coming from.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:55 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

My point is.....you want to upsize and seem quite aggressive in getting the word out. If your boat has a "book" value of $120K and you have to sell it for $80K, that sucks.....but if the bigger boat you want has a "book" value of $150K and you can buy it for $110K your still just spending $30K to get the bigger boat. That is exactly the way I looked at it when I accepted the low offer on my 312.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Most dealers can only floor a trade thru GE. GE will floor 75% of Nada low retail( available at www,nada.com )That is way less than your boat is worth,but most dealers have to go there. Best bet is a dealer with deep pockets or a friendly local bank they deal with. I don't have deep pockets but I do have a friendly local bank. If I have anything that suits your needs,call or email me.May not work,but we can look and see if you like. Robert
Old 01-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Registered

Thanks again... ya I hear ya T500...it just is very hard to pull the trigger on selling it to a dealer for 95ish, when just two years ago I paid 140 for the package..... OUCH!!!!!!

I will look MagicFloat...thanks
Old 01-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Registered

I agree guys... I know my boat has depreciated.... but I just can't see losing my shirt, just because I "want" another boat.

You're spot on, and keep it up. Last year, I posted my boat on a few forums and craigslist all summer long, and found a buyer this past November at a price I felt was great considering the market. Now I get to go shopping this spring and only see the positive side of the current prices.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:43 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Thanks again... ya I hear ya T500...it just is very hard to pull the trigger on selling it to a dealer for 95ish, when just two years ago I paid 140 for the package..... OUCH!!!!!!

I will look MagicFloat...thanks

That's how bad it is right now. I don't think you can find a buyer for $95K....and a dealer certainly isn't going to give you that for it. My 312 was a solid 9....6-7 years old, fresh rebuilds, new trailer. It sold for less than trade-in not even counting the new motors or a new trailer.

Magicfloat (Robert) is a straight as they come and a pleasure to talk to.
nelems.com
Old 01-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Registered

I can get 95K and even a little higher..I've had offers from a few dealers at those amounts. I have a feeling that as the winter turns to spring that even MORE larger boats will be out there.... sooo many guys are hurting big time, and just can't afford them anymore

Quick Reply: Buy me out!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.