newer 292 owners >

newer 292 owners

Notices
Formula

newer 292 owners

Old 01-23-2009, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FRMULTR
Shame and 4mula you have pm's in your inbox.

Got it, THANKS!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:05 PM

I have never gone thorugh so much insurance BS as I have with this boat! Not sure why...

All I can say is I do not know what/who is worse...insurance or the govt.!!!

I called American Family...one agent said he could do 1K deductable at 1500 per year, the other said first they have to do my truck to do the boat, then he came back and said, "sorry, we can't insure boats that go over 60 mph" then a third agent said sorry, AF does not do boats over 26 feet in Iowa...WTF?!?!?! So, FU American Family!!! Another well known advertiser all over these boards who claims they can beat everything came in at 3K deducatble and 1800 per year!!! Geico was 3K deducatble and 2K per year!!! PHUCK THEM All!!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Registered

Shameless...I had the VERY same runaround...AND was quoted HIGHER than my current policy with someone also who advertises here!!! I have the same boat basically as you...it's with Progressive and I pay 1300 a year... I think it's about the best we are going to do..living in Iowa or CT!!!!! Please Please don't get me started on our great goverment.....
Old 01-28-2009, 06:55 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

State farm insured my 382 WITHOUT needing any of my other items....I did give them our vehicles since they were close on those. I'm sure it helped that my father has used that same agent for 30 years. The agent is a boater and even paid a lower unit claim my father had when my father was telling him a 1 year old story about being stupid and not catching fishing line around the prop shaft. My father didn't even realize they would cover that....agent called the shop and stroked a $3,200 check while my dad was sitting there. $500 ded, $1200/yr
Progressive rates aren't that bad......but wait until you have a claim. Most people have found it's easier to get a meeting with Bin Laden than it is to get them to actually pay the claim.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps
State farm insured my 382 WITHOUT needing any of my other items....I did give them our vehicles since they were close on those. I'm sure it helped that my father has used that same agent for 30 years. The agent is a boater and even paid a lower unit claim my father had when my father was telling him a 1 year old story about being stupid and not catching fishing line around the prop shaft. My father didn't even realize they would cover that....agent called the shop and stroked a $3,200 check while my dad was sitting there. $500 ded, $1200/yr
Progressive rates aren't that bad......but wait until you have a claim. Most people have found it's easier to get a meeting with Bin Laden than it is to get them to actually pay the claim.

What chaps my azz id why do you have to know someone or "be" someone to get coverage? Either you do it or not. In the same city, one says we need your car or truck that tows, but we do not do over 60 or over 26, but the other agent says OK, just at a higher price.

Not saying all agents are bad, but there are a share of them , just the insurance companies are leagal theives IMO...
Old 01-29-2009, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by JayFan
Shameless...I had the VERY same runaround...AND was quoted HIGHER than my current policy with someone also who advertises here!!! I have the same boat basically as you...it's with Progressive and I pay 1300 a year... I think it's about the best we are going to do..living in Iowa or CT!!!!! Please Please don't get me started on our great goverment.....

I have talked to quite a few people around here who have Progressive and have made claims without a problem, looks like it will be Progressive for me...
Old 01-29-2009, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shameless
I have never gone thorugh so much insurance BS as I have with this boat! Not sure why...

All I can say is I do not know what/who is worse...insurance or the govt.!!!

I called American Family...one agent said he could do 1K deductable at 1500 per year, the other said first they have to do my truck to do the boat, then he came back and said, "sorry, we can't insure boats that go over 60 mph" then a third agent said sorry, AF does not do boats over 26 feet in Iowa...WTF?!?!?! So, FU American Family!!! Another well known advertiser all over these boards who claims they can beat everything came in at 3K deducatble and 1800 per year!!! Geico was 3K deducatble and 2K per year!!! PHUCK THEM All!!!!
you might want to talk to your current insurer and explain your concern.....they may help out to keep all the other policies you have currently with them....
Old 01-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

It definitely helps to put pressure on your agent every once in a while to keep them on their toes. Having a lot of crap insured with them for a long time with virtually no claims helps too! We have had AF for the last 18 years. Currently have a house, shop, truck, 4 cars, and the 292 insured by AF. Only TWO claims in 18 years. New roof on a previous house and hail damage on one car. Had a good heart-to-heart discussion with my agent about sharpening their pencil last year. Made a significant difference all around. Good enough to keep me from shopping around!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by getchasum111
you might want to talk to your current insurer and explain your concern.....they may help out to keep all the other policies you have currently with them....

My agent who holds my house, cars, business, camper, little boat, ect., is out of Michigan, and Progressive and others will not let him write in Iowa, or any other state other then MI for that matter. Long explination, but legit...has to do with all of the past hurricanes, and yes, he is liscensed here.

My current insurance for the Formula is Markel and they will not due anything with the deductable...
Old 01-30-2009, 06:52 AM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Bill, sorry to hear about all your insurance grief. I cannot figure out all the variables in pricing. I had State Farm for my Daytona, and paid $650 a year for that. When I went to insure the Formula, they told me $2200 ayear and I said good bye. I realize that the Formula is a more expensive boat, but think they would consider it a safer boat as well. The whole thing is just phucked up.

Quick Reply: newer 292 owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.