292 owners, here is some K-Plane info and pics

Notices
Formula

292 owners, here is some K-Plane info and pics

Old 04-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Arrow 292 owners, here is some K-Plane info and pics

A few of you guys have been asking for information on how the K-Planes are installed on the 292. These pics are showing the starboard side. Of course, the installation is the same for both sides. Competition Marine of Missouri did the install.

Pic 1 shows the trim pump and two hydraulic lines going to the transom. The fiberglass 'grid' channel had to have two access windows to get to the outside lower bolt and lower hydraulic fitting.

Pic 2 shows the two access holes. I couldn't get a good picture of the window created in the side, but the two arrows are pointing to the top and the bottom. I estimate it being 1.5 wide and 3"-4" long.

Pic3 shows the where the upper hydraulic hose goes through. Above that and behind the hose/wiring harness is the outside/upper bolt.

Pic4 shows one of the trim pumps. They glassed in studs on the side to secure the trim pump. The factory Bennett pump simply used lag screws.
Attached Thumbnails 292 owners, here is some K-Plane info and pics-pic1.jpg   292 owners, here is some K-Plane info and pics-pic2.jpg   292 owners, here is some K-Plane info and pics-pic3.jpg  

292 owners, here is some K-Plane info and pics-pic4.jpg  

Last edited by 4mulafastech; 04-22-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Registered

Pic 5 shows a rear view.

Pic 6 shows how you should not mount them flush with the bottom of the boat since the water comes up off the bottom and would contact the K-Plane, scrubbing speed. I forgot to measure the actual distance. I will do that tonight. It appears to be around .5-1 inch.

Pic 7 - I had to show the business end of the boat. The Latham steering is factory installed. With the steering and the K-Planes, this 292 drives great!

I ran a full season with the Bennett's and there is no comparison. The wife even noticed a big difference. They move soooo much quicker than Bennett's when you need to make quick adjustments (running fast in the rough). Plus small adjustments make a big difference. With more hours behind the wheel I have learned ideal settings for various conditions, keeping the nose from flying and cutting through the rough stuff under much more control. Plus, when it is REALLY rough, you can cruise slower without falling off plan which allows that heavy, deep V 292 hull to plow right through it. They are not cheap, but well worth the investment if you plan on keeping your 292. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails 292 owners, here is some K-Plane info and pics-pic5.jpg   292 owners, here is some K-Plane info and pics-pic6.jpg   292 owners, here is some K-Plane info and pics-pic7.jpg  

Old 04-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice setup. 280's?

Always bothered me that the new 292's didn't come with K-Planes. Older Formula's had them, just makes more sense to have them. Being that the 292's can be slow coming out of the hole, I'm sure K-planes would make a big difference.

Wish I had the funds, maybe someday down the road. This year's improvements are minor. Just some bling additions. Also have to replace the bellows, gimbal ring and u-joints.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
Very nice setup. 280's?

Always bothered me that the new 292's didn't come with K-Planes. Older Formula's had them, just makes more sense to have them. Being that the 292's can be slow coming out of the hole, I'm sure K-planes would make a big difference.

Wish I had the funds, maybe someday down the road. This year's improvements are minor. Just some bling additions. Also have to replace the bellows, gimbal ring and u-joints.
Thanks. Yes, 280's. As you said, they also help getting on plane.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:40 AM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pics, they definatly clear things up on the install. Looks like the guys at Competion Marine know what they are doing.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great info!!!