Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Finally hit tripple digits 353 Fas-Tech.. >

Finally hit tripple digits 353 Fas-Tech..

Notices
Formula

Finally hit tripple digits 353 Fas-Tech..

Old 07-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Too bad I missed it Saturday! I'll probably catch up in a couple of weeks.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by kjm5125
Too bad I missed it Saturday! I'll probably catch up in a couple of weeks.
Sweet... sandbar party This coming Saturday... check it out!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this tread has been cold for over a year, but I could'nt resist reviving it after this last weekend.

First off I am proud to say I had two great summers ('09/'10) with out any issues with my boat. Burned a ton of gas though, doing very few speed runs(money's getting tight) but driving all over the place.

I picked up a set of labbed 36p Bravos(kinda beat up) in the spring, ran them for a weekend but I wasnt impressed with the cruising speeds. I did a speed run with them right before pulling the boat for the Weiner run out of Cleveland the next weekend. The boat pulled to 101mph, started to chine so I laid off. I was also on fumes so we just put it on the trailer.

Before putting in for the poker run the following weekend we made up a jig using a old prop shaft and cut the diffusser rings off the 36's(my stock 34's have no diffussers). The diffussers give stern lift and amplify my chine walking. Anyway, this turned out to be a big issue with the 36's because I couldnt get on plane with them unless the water was perfectly flat. I put the 34's back on, had a great poker run and ran those untill this past weekend.

Now to the good stuff. I ran the 34's hard a couple times, a little conservative on the drive trim, a little tab, hit 100mph a bunch of times thru out the summer, and was pretty happy. Since I was pulling the boat this weekend for the season, I fiqured I would try the 36's one last time(and I'm glad I did).

In 1 to 2 ft short waves in the middle of Sandusky Bay, 1 notch of tab and 5 in the drives I pulled a 104mph run. Looped around and did another run. No tab, 6 on the drives, and I pulled off a 107mph blast on my limiters at 6000rpm. I was floored. Did another 106mph run today before putting it on the trailer. I was happier then a clam.

LE
Attached Thumbnails Finally hit tripple digits 353 Fas-Tech..-107-gps-speedo.jpg   Finally hit tripple digits 353 Fas-Tech..-speedo-recall.jpg   Finally hit tripple digits 353 Fas-Tech..-dash-3.jpg  

Old 10-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by LAKE EFFECT
I know this tread has been cold for over a year, but I could'nt resist reviving it after this last weekend.

First off I am proud to say I had two great summers ('09/'10) with out any issues with my boat. Burned a ton of gas though, doing very few speed runs(money's getting tight) but driving all over the place.

I picked up a set of labbed 36p Bravos(kinda beat up) in the spring, ran them for a weekend but I wasnt impressed with the cruising speeds. I did a speed run with them right before pulling the boat for the Weiner run out of Cleveland the next weekend. The boat pulled to 101mph, started to chine so I laid off. I was also on fumes so we just put it on the trailer.

Before putting in for the poker run the following weekend we made up a jig using a old prop shaft and cut the diffusser rings off the 36's(my stock 34's have no diffussers). The diffussers give stern lift and amplify my chine walking. Anyway, this turned out to be a big issue with the 36's because I couldnt get on plane with them unless the water was perfectly flat. I put the 34's back on, had a great poker run and ran those untill this past weekend.

Now to the good stuff. I ran the 34's hard a couple times, a little conservative on the drive trim, a little tab, hit 100mph a bunch of times thru out the summer, and was pretty happy. Since I was pulling the boat this weekend for the season, I fiqured I would try the 36's one last time(and I'm glad I did).

In 1 to 2 ft short waves in the middle of Sandusky Bay, 1 notch of tab and 5 in the drives I pulled a 104mph run. Looped around and did another run. No tab, 6 on the drives, and I pulled off a 107mph blast on my limiters at 6000rpm. I was floored. Did another 106mph run today before putting it on the trailer. I was happier then a clam.

LE
Dude, that was a bad ass phone call!!!!

I am happy for ya pal! I wish I was on it, but I am having fun in Cali!!!

That is amazing speeds for the boat, I would love to know how much HP it really makes and see what it does when you get the props worked....maybe a little more in her??? not that 107 isn't amazing as it is!!

Congrats bud! LJ musta been blowin the waves for ya!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now the winter wont be so long.

LE
Old 10-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Now the winter wont be so long.

LE

Yea...maybe i will hit 67 when we pull mine!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LE,

Congrats! Glad to see that it's been a great set-up with no issues for you! That is an awesome number and for sure the fastest 353 Formula out there!!! How bad was the chine? I remember just getting over 90 and having the same issue, but I might have been over triming a little. It went away after I knocked the drives in a touch without shaving any speed. No difusers as well.

I tuned mine back a little over the last two years as well, but am still able to pull a solid 90 anytime wih the props turning out and just the 5 blades...

Dave
Old 10-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by axapowell
LE,

Congrats! Glad to see that it's been a great set-up with no issues for you! That is an awesome number and for sure the fastest 353 Formula out there!!! How bad was the chine? I remember just getting over 90 and having the same issue, but I might have been over triming a little. It went away after I knocked the drives in a touch without shaving any speed. No difusers as well.

I tuned mine back a little over the last two years as well, but am still able to pull a solid 90 anytime wih the props turning out and just the 5 blades...

Dave
When I have been on it, seems chine is better when NOT on the limiters, Scott has added a tad of tab to keep it down with success it seems... in the right water the boat rides absoluteley perfect...

Need to get out here next summer dave...go for a ride with scott!!
Old 10-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dude thats moving in a formula
Old 10-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was happier than a clam.

Sounds like a good reason to post up. Great job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.