FS: Formula 242-LS in NY

Notices
Formula

FS: Formula 242-LS in NY

Old 07-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow FS: Formula 242-LS in NY

I am considering selling my 1986 Formula 242-LS. Boat was professionally re-powered in 2008 with a Mercruiser 7.4L 454 big block, and a Bravo One outdrive and transom assembly. Everything is new or re-built. All new Merc manifolds, risers and spacers, brand new Corsa Silent Choice exhaust system with Eddie Marine 4” through-hull stainless tips, new Merc circ pump, Merc offshore transom sea-water pick-up (with flush T), all new high quality Faria gauges, re-built trim pump with all new hoses, new wiring, all new battery cables and dual battery switch, two new Interstate marine batteries, new bilge pump and float, etc. All new trim sending units, bellows, pins, shift cable, gimble bearing, etc. When the boat was being re-powered, I stripped the bilge and painted it with Awl grip paint, it looks awesome. All wiring harness, cables, hoses, etc were replaced. It really is like new.

I had the interior completely re-done over the winter, and it looks incredible. I had it restored to the original colors and condition. The cabin interior is 100% original, and in excellent shape. I replaced the radio with a CD player, and all new speakers in the cabin and the cockpit. The hull shines nicely, and is in excellent shape also. I had the bottom professionally media blasted this spring, and I had it painted with 3 coats of white epoxy barrier coat. I just had a new canvass mooring cover custom made for the boat this spring also. It also has a Mirage stainless steel prop in perfect shape.

This boat rides incredible with the famous Formula deep-V hull. The motor runs absolutely perfect in every way. It starts right up, runs cool, has great oil pressure, and no leaks. The boat will do in the low 50’s on GPS. Boat is trailered, and has never been in the water overnight since the re-power last year. This boat is turn-key, needs nothing. If I get my price, I will throw in the dual-axle Shoreline trailer with it. I have over $20k into this boat, and it shows. I have been using the boat every weekend, and it has 26 hours on it since the re-power. I found a 292 Formula that I want to buy, which is the only reason I am thinking about selling. I will let it go for $12,000 with the trailer. NO joyrides, I will bay-test for the right person.

Boat is located in Long Island, NY, 11934.

SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY please call (631)767-1376.

Last edited by randymbtech; 07-21-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Registered

Last edited by randymbtech; 07-21-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Registered

Oh, I forgot...I have the original teak swim platform and stainless brackets, I removed it because I love the way it looks with it off. I also have snap-in carpets that will go with the boat.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your 242 looks very nice. I like the bildge paint job, nice and clean. Your price seems quite reasonable considering all the upgrades. Good luck with the sale.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Randy - Where did you get the "Flush T" for your 454 Magnum? I assume that's a freshwater flush kit for that engine? I need one for mine....?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Registered

Sold...looking for a 292.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang,your as bad with boats as with cars,
buy em,make em perfect , then get bored and sell em..
LOL..
Old 08-04-2009, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats!!

Older 292 or a 292 Fastech?