Formula Logo & decals >

Formula Logo & decals

Notices
Formula

Formula Logo & decals

Old 04-05-2002, 10:25 PM
ctpsclark

Default Formula Logo & decals

Am trying to find if anyone (Formula or other) makes the Thunderbird on the port and starboard stern of the F272 model in Stainless Steel. I am frustrated by the cheapo's of plastic & chrome. Am told Formula does not make one, but cannot believe it.

Thanks.

Old 04-06-2002, 12:41 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a guy with a CNC machine willing to do it for us. I have a set of new plastics that I can give him. We just need to figure out how to hold it on

Jon
Old 04-06-2002, 07:45 AM
ctpsclark

Default Formula logo

Thanks Jon,

Three S. Steel skrews would do it--one in each wing and one in the middle of The "Bird". #8 size same as for port holes would work. Can you get a price on job? Metal should be 316 grade S.S. Probably !/8" would be thick enough.
I will put them on a 1986 F272---not sure if all years are the same size. Can get a plastic one to your guy if yours is a different size. Or, I can measure wing tip to wing tip, etc and send that. Let me know.

Thanks again,

Cliff

Old 04-06-2002, 08:48 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Measure Tip to tip and I will compare to what I have. I would be suprised if they are different. When I got the plastic ones they did not ask me whe size I wanted.

Jon
Old 04-06-2002, 05:34 PM
ctpsclark

Default Formula logo

Jon,

The Thunderbird is 6 1/2" wing tip to wing tip and 3 3/4" from top of bird's head to bottom of tail feathers.

Cliff

Old 04-06-2002, 10:47 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Come on let me see ya shake your tail fethers
Old 04-07-2002, 07:36 AM
ctpsclark

Thumbs up Formula logo

Actually, shook them for the first time with repower. Yesterday was launch day!

Old 04-07-2002, 10:28 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

How did she run?
Old 04-08-2002, 07:27 AM
ctpsclark

She ran well. I have a pair of 5.2's (250hp). Replaced the port engine two years ago and starboard this winter. Could have done a rebuild on the starboard, but am building a new ferryboat up your way (Blount/Barker, Warren, R.I.) and plan to use Formula to run up to the shipyard some this spring---didn't want to get into those waters with any questions about the engine.

Did not push her in first run, but liked how everything felt in short trip. Also am trying aluminum full props vs cleavers (S.S.), both 3--blade. They give MUCH better low end acceleration (0-30 in 6.6 vs 8.5) and smoother mid range cruising. Probably give up a knot, or two at top end, but that's not critical for me. Both previous engines were originial 1986's---got the boat used in 1995, so they didn't owe me anything.

Old 04-08-2002, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in this also! Have you also considered the the Formula on top starboard @ the transom? jrocket

Quick Reply: Formula Logo & decals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.