Formula guard...?

Notices
Formula

Formula guard...?

Old 09-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
My guess? Short answer-No.Long answer,it is not listed as covered,so it is not covered.When the SeaSafe plan was put together in 2005,Axius did not exist,so they could not list it. But it might be prudent to call Formula and ask.Your Axius will probrably fail at some point,and hopefully Merc will help you out past the warranty period,but who knows?If Seasafe had known about Axius,they would maybe have upped the cost to Formula to cover some future expensive problems,but i cannot fault them for not covering something they did not know about. They cover the supercharged motors,even the 700,but the supercharger itself is not covered.My view as a dealer is I wish they would drop the extended warranty.It causes hard feelings when owners expect it to be bow light to prop nut,and it is not. Some sales people play fast and loose with their promises,and it can come back to bite them.For instance,exhaust components are not covered,but can a salesman remember to tell the buyer? He thinks 5 years is 5 years,covers everything.We were a Donzi dealer when they discontinued their 5 year PP warranty,and it had no negative effect on sales,and it sure made my life easier.Sorry for the rant,but I spent all day today trying to resolve some warranty issues with 2 good customers that don't understand what is and is not covered.But you did ask an excellent question,thanks.
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.