Notices
Formula

ISO SR-1 red toggle switches??

Old 09-18-2009, 09:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISO SR-1 red toggle switches??

I need the red toggle switches for a 1991 311 and I assume that most SR-1's use the same switch. I was told by the local dealer that they can't get them any longer.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Do you need just the boot?
Attached Images  
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 09-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Registered

NOMO, I got a couple switches from Formula last year for my '91 311. It's possible that Formula stopped stocking them because of the economy or something, but I'd call Formula directly and ask. Then call Nelems Marine in Alabama and have him order whatever you need. Nelems is Magicfloat here on the board.

Also FWIW, the switches are supposedly different depending on their function. They are combo switch/breaker and the load ratings are different. Expect somewhere around $40-70 each. Way pricey but worth it once you see what it would take to rewire to a cheaper switch.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I just bought a '90 357 and all my switches were shot. Looks like the previous owner tried to pull back the switch plate and he removed the screws on the plate but did not remove the retainers on each of the switches causing the toggle to actually separate from the switch. I called Formula about 3 weeks ago and and spoke to Steve and they had certain switches depending upon the amps so if you only need a few you might get lucky but they were really expensive. He also confirmed that they are load rated but it would be ok to go back with a non-breaker toggle. The original switches were made by a German company named ETA. Nothing similar to those switches are shown on their website and I sent an e-mail to the general mailbox and still haven't heard back from them. I replaced all the switches with lighted marine toggles and once you figure out the wiring it was not too difficult. My material including wires and switches cost about $100 and I am installing a fused terminal block this winter which will add $40 to the cost. I was able to complete the job in it's entirety in 1 weekend.