Silver Metallic Vinyl

Notices
Formula

Silver Metallic Vinyl

Old 01-15-2010, 11:10 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

WOW, magicfloat is a dealer and would have treated you fairly if asked nicely....10% over probably not, but we're talking a $100 item. If your in the business then I want you to make my next interior.......seems a hundred dollars worth of fabric and a days labor should only cost me $300-400 right?

I own a printing company and do alot of digital work to photos. Just yesterday my wife had arranged studio portraits at our church and we were seated for about 15 minutes. She bought 3 8x10 that were framed, 6 5x7's, and a 20x24. I know these will take 30-40 minutes to edit and print out on $30 worth of material....she paid $423.00. I just rolled my eyes as she paid the bill.....they are trying to earn a living just like I am.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by commandersander
Really? It's gonna be great. Gonna be a big week....

C'mon Jass....don't pick a fight. I never gave Magic a hard time. I was told that he could get the stuff, so I asked. He never gave me a price, and I never debated it. I only said that I was NOT willing to let the dealer make a killing for a phone call...so if Magic is a dealer, and my course of thought has offended...I am sorry. It was not my intention. If he is not, then I am very confused, but still apologize if I offended.

I just don't subscibe. No biggie. No hard feelings.

As far as your advice for the rest of the thread, go phuck yourself. It was uncalled for, unnecessary and down right rude. If you have nothing to add that will help out, just hang onto it.

From your response, I believe ernestly that you could experience some serious personal growth by heeding my suggestion....
Your actions by your posts trying to get attention are like another on this board...Jim Darr to be exact. Anyone that would complain about paying 36.00 for a switch, on a public board..then demand that he pay wholesale from a dealer and then complain that he was being robbed for this 100.00 piece of silver material...is someone who should not be in powerboating. Since .."You" are in the biz, you obviously are'nt that good at what you do to know this is an expensive hobby. Lastly, the offensive language, truely is immature.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read and re-read this thread....and I just don't see where I sent the wrong message in my reply to Magic.

Unfortunately, typed words show no inflection and it is easy to miss-take what someone is writing.

Magic never gave me a price, I never complained about what he might charge. I only made the statement that my local dealer was too proud....

The $100 that he referred to was based on me saying I would be happy to pay $20 per yard. (20x5=100)...

The "I buy wholesale" comment was not me telling Magic what I was paying....it was simply as it is written. I buy wholesale. I know what things cost. This is why my local dealer can't have my business.

And by the way, Moebern is less than $10 per yd. I never suggested that I wouldn't pay a fair price. Most retail runs at a 35-55% margin....if they are lucky. I clearly stated that I was willing to pay this and more.....just not to MY LOCAL DEALER. Especially when they are proud enough to expect in excess of +200% margin....for zero effort.

Jass....here you are again. Useless.
I don't know of a Jim Darr. Sorry, your inferrence about who I am is lost on me. I would assume that it is something negative, so again, you can keep it.

You know nothing of me, nor have you offered anything of significance. Your assumptions of me not being good at what are do are ignorant and unfounded. You are simply trying to get a rise, that frankly, you are not worth.

I did not make any demands of Magic. I am not presumtious enough to make demands of anyone. Even you. I merely made a suggestion that you could quite possible benefit from.

By the way, in case you forgot....

This is the Formula Owners Forum. Not the "I used to own a Nor-Tech" or the "I used to own a Albury Brothers" forum.

As far as immature.....

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toy's R Us kid.....
Old 01-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I read and re-read this thread....and I just don't see where I sent the wrong message in my reply to Magic.

Unfortunately, typed words show no inflection and it is easy to miss-take what someone is writing.

Magic never gave me a price, I never complained about what he might charge. I only made the statement that my local dealer was too proud....

The $100 that he referred to was based on me saying I would be happy to pay $20 per yard. (20x5=100)...

The "I buy wholesale" comment was not me telling Magic what I was paying....it was simply as it is written. I buy wholesale. I know what things cost. This is why my local dealer can't have my business.

And by the way, Moebern is less than $10 per yd. I never suggested that I wouldn't pay a fair price. Most retail runs at a 35-55% margin....if they are lucky. I clearly stated that I was willing to pay this and more.....just not to MY LOCAL DEALER. Especially when they are proud enough to expect in excess of +200% margin....for zero effort.

Jass....here you are again. Useless.
I don't know of a Jim Darr. Sorry, your inferrence about who I am is lost on me. I would assume that it is something negative, so again, you can keep it.

You know nothing of me, nor have you offered anything of significance. Your assumptions of me not being good at what are do are ignorant and unfounded. You are simply trying to get a rise, that frankly, you are not worth.

I did not make any demands of Magic. I am not presumtious enough to make demands of anyone. Even you. I merely made a suggestion that you could quite possible benefit from.

By the way, in case you forgot....

This is the Formula Owners Forum. Not the "I used to own a Nor-Tech" or the "I used to own a Albury Brothers" forum.

As far as immature.....

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toy's R Us kid.....

Do a search on Jim Darr... you know exactly what Im talking about... and if you want I'll carry it to the next level.. so sit down, shut up, and be thankful you are along for the ride this time. As to the NT and Albury.. we sell our depreciating assets when we get sick..I don't ride the Obama wave and expect him to pay for my insurance bills. I'm done with this thread, point taken. Have a good weekend.. GO SAINTS..
Old 01-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Registered
VIP Member

And here you are....again....with more of nothing.
and if you want I'll carry it to the next level
There is no next level for this. You offered nothing....most probably, because you have nothing to offer. It seems that by pointing this out, I have somehow "picked a scab"....I will (in all earnest) thank you for the bally. At the very least, this has been intertaining. I just love a good debate!

As far as having to sell for health, my condolences. You would probably expect me to wish a fully rigged geriatric paddle boat with a hole in it to come your way, but that's not how I am....

Hopefully, whatever trouble you are having diminishes and you are able to once again enjoy the time off solid ground.

Sincerely.

I do maintian though, as it pertains to your contribution in this specific thread.....useless. Entertaining.....but still....
Old 01-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

And here you are....again....with more of nothing.

There is no next level for this. You offered nothing....most probably, because you have nothing to offer. It seems that by pointing this out, I have somehow "picked a scab"....I will (in all earnest) thank you for the bally. At the very least, this has been intertaining. I just love a good debate!

As far as having to sell for health, my condolences. You would probably expect me to wish a fully rigged geriatric paddle boat with a hole in it to come your way, but that's not how I am....

Hopefully, whatever trouble you are having diminishes and you are able to once again enjoy the time off solid ground.

Sincerely.

I do maintian though, as it pertains to your contribution in this specific thread.....useless. Entertaining.....but still....
Look.. We all can take sections out of contects.. I should have included one of these after the section hang on along for the ride..most powerboaters will know what that means. Next level would have been moderators...again:grinser010..not here much anymore

Did you pick a scab.. not at all. I'm a easy going guy, just dont care for cry babies or scammers..and for the most part in the last 9 years I've weeded out quite a few, being scammed twice by two people on this board. Do a search.

I read your 73 posts and Jim Darr you are not..apology..brother, close relative, ...possibly. there is an arrogance to some of your posts like someone owes you something "cause your in the biz" and buy some parts here and there. Magic was smart, to much drama.

This one you can't deny... one of you're posts, not mine...

PM #17
commandersander
Registered

Now I'm feelin like a dik.......
Old 01-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Registered
VIP Member

See....now you're coming around!

That's not arrogance....it's confidence! Not really....only joking. See, I figure I'll just explain the nature of my comments instead of hoping they are'nt taken the wrong way....

I'm with you....I don't like a thief or a liar either....but I don't cry. If I can buy this vinly for 20 a yard, great. If not, I'll change all of it. Either way, not a big deal.

As far as crybabies....I have called some out too.....but you know this....

And yes.....I am still feelin lik a dik. I still have not taken those pictures....

Ohhh.....I can blame it on you!!!! "I was really busy argueing with Jass.....but I'll do it.....I really will...."

Geez....I went from feeling great about the day to .....yep....feelin like a dik....

p.s. Truly, I do hope your situation changes and the rollers once again welcome you....
Old 01-16-2010, 02:17 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

BTW: If Moebern (or whatever it's called) is $10/yd that might be what a distributor is paying for it, not what the Formula factory is paying for it, then they sell it to a dealer at a markup (unknown amount)...so paying $20 may not be realistic if the dealer is paying $18 or more.
Magicfloat said it was $3.06 per ft....... $3.06 x 9 sq ft per yd is $27.54.......if he likes you the standard rate might not apply. If I need something I call him for it and don't even ask the price anymore, his reputation for helping people is well earned.

Maybe next time ask the price before *****ing that's it's too high???
Old 01-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
BTW: If Moebern (or whatever it's called) is $10/yd that might be what a distributor is paying for it, not what the Formula factory is paying for it, then they sell it to a dealer at a markup (unknown amount)...so paying $20 may not be realistic if the dealer is paying $18 or more.
Magicfloat said it was $3.06 per ft....... $3.06 x 9 sq ft per yd is $27.54.......if he likes you the standard rate might not apply. If I need something I call him for it and don't even ask the price anymore, his reputation for helping people is well earned.

Maybe next time ask the price before *****ing that's it's too high???
Ditto ..........
Old 01-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Karen said I should not reply to this thread,And I've trusted her for 25 years.So no comment.I will continue to supply parts to anyone that needs my help as long as there is no drama.Peace

Last edited by Magicfloat; 01-16-2010 at 11:27 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.