Notices
Formula

Depth Finder Replacement info request

Old 03-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Depth Finder Replacement info request

I am looking for an easy replacement depth finder for my 1986 357SR1. The original datamarine unit is o.k. but the transducer broke. Cannot find this stuff anymore so does anyone here have an idea for an easy replacement? I would like a unit the same size to drop in but would guess that it is not posible. So, something close would work. I guess I would need transducer and gauge.

Thank you
Old 03-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/Humminbird-406...outThisProduct
Old 03-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can find products. I was wondering what you guys have found to work best for this model Formula.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi John. I don't kno much about the diff brands, but I found that they are all 2 1/4 gauges. My original Lowrance d.f. on my 88 223was a 2 1/2 in hole. Livorski makes gauge bezels that nicely make up the difference in the mounting hole size. Part # fl216 comes in any color you want. 2 slices of a bicycle tire tube make up the small difference in the bezel to gauge size. And the bezel covers the 2 1/2 hole nicely. Ck out the stainless bezel. It has a built in o-ring that centers the bezel in the hole. The plain painted ones do not, but will work ok also.