382 Cabin Specifications

Notices
Formula

382 Cabin Specifications

Old 04-26-2010, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 382 Cabin Specifications

I was wondering what the sleeping arrangements can be inside the 382 cabin. Do the lounge chairs convert to another bed? I have a 270 Hallet that we have out grown and wanted a bigger boat to spend the night in with the family. I was trying to figure out the sleeping arrangements before talking/convincing my wife about the Formula. We have two kids and I know the 382 must be big enough for us.

Thanks....
Old 04-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Registered

Yes.....that converts into a "pit" of sin.....I mean fun! For us, the V-berth was more comfortable simply because of the cushions are harder than the V-berth.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:03 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Just sold a 2002 382 and we overnighted quite a bit, as many as 5 nights on several occasions....with 3 boys!!!

You can get filler cushions for the benches making a 6ft 3in area for sleeping. We had A/C, TV/DVD, refrig, and even added a microwave. Honda 2000 on the swimplatform would run it all.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
Just sold a 2002 382 and we overnighted quite a bit, as many as 5 nights on several occasions....with 3 boys!!!

You can get filler cushions for the benches making a 6ft 3in area for sleeping. We had A/C, TV/DVD, refrig, and even added a microwave. Honda 2000 on the swimplatform would run it all.
I'm looking at this 01 382 and it has A/C but no gen set (shore power set up). I know installing a factory gen set must be expensive but heard some people using external generators. Where did you keep the honda generator while not using it? Did the coast gaurd ever give you any problems?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:00 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Honda 2000
I put D clamps in front of the port engine and strapped it down for transport. Use that same strap to hold it on the swimplatform when in use. I know at least one person had theirs bolted down and exhausted out the side of the boat. They would lift the hatch 6-12 inches and leave the blower running in the Honda was running. Even had a T in the fuel line running to the Honda with a squeeze ball to pump fuel from the main tank into the Honda........sounds bad but after seeing it in person it really looked OK to me (but I would never do it). Never had the CG check me with it stored but more than once they patrolled a harbor where we all had them running on the swimplatforms and they never bothered us.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
Honda 2000
I put D clamps in front of the port engine and strapped it down for transport. Use that same strap to hold it on the swimplatform when in use. I know at least one person had theirs bolted down and exhausted out the side of the boat. They would lift the hatch 6-12 inches and leave the blower running in the Honda was running. Even had a T in the fuel line running to the Honda with a squeeze ball to pump fuel from the main tank into the Honda........sounds bad but after seeing it in person it really looked OK to me (but I would never do it). Never had the CG check me with it stored but more than once they patrolled a harbor where we all had them running on the swimplatforms and they never bothered us.

Where did you mount the microwave and do you know what size it was. thanks
Old 04-28-2010, 06:55 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

I removed the door to the storage compartment under the sink and found one that barely fit through the opening (it was a ***** finding one that small). Then the sink was in the way so I had to bash in part of the back corner so the microwave would go all the way in. I made blocks to raise it level with the opening and reaching in through the trash can hole (which the can was left out after this) I used L brackets to mount the microwave to the blocks on 3 sides. I may have pics at home???